Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rejecting my 2020 Tesla M3P after 4 months of ownership. Sad day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Latest update: Tesla have informed me that they will be replacing my M3P with a brand new M3P at no extra cost to me. After 5 months of battling and stress i have finally arrived at the outcome i wanted in the first place. The moral of this story is know your rights and don't be afraid to exercise them. I did not have to commence court proceedings or need assistance from the financial ombudsman.
Hi. I'm going through this stress at the moment. What I'd like to ask is did they have your new m3p in stock or did you have to wait. If you had to wait, what did you drive in the meantime, and how long did you have to wait? Did you continue to make monthly payments? Did they compensate you as well as provide you with a new replacement car? It's such a shame it took you 5 months for a satisfactory resolution. So sad. Customer service is so poor. Thanks for posting this thread.

Hi. I'm going through this stress at the moment. What I'd like to ask is did they have your new m3p in stock or did you have to wait. If you had to wait, what did you drive in the meantime, and how long did you have to wait? Did you continue to make monthly payments? Did they compensate you as well as provide you with a new replacement car? It's such a shame it took you 5 months for a satisfactory resolution. So sad. Customer service is so poor. Thanks for posting this thread.
I didn't even take them on the offer as they were only essentially making a £5k contribution to the brand new replacement car. I figured if I traded the car in for Model Y I would lose far less money. In the end I had to go to the financial ombudsman and I Tesla agreed to pay me £3k compensation for all the hassle and I ordered the Model Y soon after. My advice would be trade the car in for another Tesla providing you can get a good offer on your current car and save yourself the hassle I went through

I didn't even take them on the offer as they were only essentially making a £5k contribution to the brand new replacement car. I figured if I traded the car in for Model Y I would lose far less money. In the end I had to go to the financial ombudsman and I Tesla agreed to pay me £3k compensation for all the hassle and I ordered the Model Y soon after. My advice would be trade the car in for another Tesla providing you can get a good offer on your current car and save yourself the hassle I went through
Thank you for your advice and transparency. Much appreciated. I already have an open case with the financial ombudsman. Waiting game for Tesla Finance to get back to me. Our car is leased so we can't trade it in, also there's no stock available at the moment. This is the issue :(