TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Relationship w/ Telsa Motors?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by DDB, Oct 17, 2006.

1. DDB

DDB Member

Just out of curiosity, can anyone explain the relationship of telsamotorsclub to this forum? Is this site run by the company?
    Sort of a strange question, but it seems like the blog on telsamotors.com gets many more hits. Hopefully that changes, as this is much more organized.

2. danny

danny Administrator

www.teslamotorsclub.com is an independent forum run by me. I'm hoping to get more hits in the future but there is only so much I can do but wait.
    I also feel this is far more organized then teslas blog but I think that does much better because people seem to want answers directly from tesla.
    Once the cars come out, I believe teslamotorsclub will take off.

3. WarpedOne

WarpedOne Mainecoon Butler

Google search on "Tesla Motors" puts this site on a 21st page.

How many people sroll over 20 pages of google hits?
    I guess, when this forum ranks higher on google, people will flood in :)

Edit: I've put a link to this forum on Wikipedia site. Hope, you don't mind.

4. danny

danny Administrator

Of course I don't mind
    Thanks

5. tonybelding

tonybelding Active Member

There is also http://www.teslatalk.com competing for attention.

They seem to have a nicely organized site, but virtually no members or message activity. I posted a couple of message on their forum and nobody ever replied.

6. danny

danny Administrator

lol they are using smf too....
    The first auto forum i've run into that also uses smf like this one, happens to also be a tesla one as well lol

7. DDB

DDB Member

Well, thanks for setting it up Greenspeed. I've seen this site mentioned a couple times on the blog and i'd imagine more and more people will get interested. 90 or so members is a good start, or at least I think so.