Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Relatively short delivery cycle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi @srlawren, just curious, since we have sibling Model Ys, is your DashCam recording footage?... The Tesla USB drive is formatted and has been reformatted on the center screen, and the DashCam icon turns red, indicating recording mode, but the DashCam will not record any footage... Swapping in a Samsung 128GB Pro Endurance and formatting it on the center screen also results in no footage saved....

Hey sorry I never looped back on this. Did you get it sorted out? Mine appears to be working normally. For the TeslaCam, you do need to tell it to save a clip. You can do that by tapping on the little icon you mention at the top of the screen and then choosing Save Clip (I think, or similar wording). Or, if you turn on Save on Honk, it also saves whenever you honk the horn. Were you doing one of these things?

Hey sorry I never looped back on this. Did you get it sorted out? Mine appears to be working normally. For the TeslaCam, you do need to tell it to save a clip. You can do that by tapping on the little icon you mention at the top of the screen and then choosing Save Clip (I think, or similar wording). Or, if you turn on Save on Honk, it also saves whenever you honk the horn. Were you doing one of these things?
Hi, thanks... Just on a whim I reset the center screen by holding down the two scroll buttons for ten seconds and then immediately I was able to view the DashCam footage, all of which was being saved -- I could view still shots on my laptop, just couldn't get Launch Viewer to display content... Btw, the Mobile Service gal came and realigned the left taillight, it looks a lot better now...

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
New here. Ordered a M3LR Red w/ 19in wheels last night. I live in the Seattle area. Both the sales guy and the website was saying November for delivery times. But, after order it is saying Aug 7 - 29. I was mentally prepared for December... so, I guess another vote for Octoberfest being over.

We ordered a Y on 8/3 and were told to expect December delivery. Oh my! Is it possible that we may see a model with the new batteries?
We ordered about the same time and I wondered the same thing regarding the batteries. I'll be watching this and the possibility that Congress will reinstate the tax credit. It may be worth canceling and reordering, even if we lose the $100 deposit.

We ordered about the same time and I wondered the same thing regarding the batteries. I'll be watching this and the possibility that Congress will reinstate the tax credit. It may be worth canceling and reordering, even if we lose the $100 deposit.
FYI - Last week the Senate passed an amendment that grants the $7,500 credit only for EVs that cost less than $40,000, and only if the buyer earns less than $100,000 a year.
This could change, but I wouldn’t bet on it