TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Release 7 apps

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by tomnisim, Oct 15, 2015.

1. tomnisim

tomnisim Member

There are supposed to be a bunch of new apps according to release notes but I can't access them anyone figure that out yet

2. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

New car status app, new clock app, redesigned energy graph app, redesigned trips app.

Hold one of your scroll wheels...

3. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Member

Was anyone on here really hanging out wanting an analog clock?? So happy they at least left the digital clock and temp in the 17", but really liked it right in front of me before. Other than that, i love the new GUI.

4. eye.surgeon

eye.surgeon Member

Tesla has confused the language on apps...originally actual interactive apps were promised, but never delivered. These were to be accessible through the 17 inch display. They now refer to the dash display options as apps.

5. Todd Burch

Yet.

6. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I don't like the new clock at all. Seems like a total waste of real estate.

7. liuping

liuping Active Member

Agreed. That clock will never be on my dash, ever. Beside being ugly (ironically the icon to select it is 100x nice looking than the actual clock), it's huge waste of space.

Actually, the tire pressure display is pretty wasteful as well. That car image could be 1/2 the size, and something else could be below it or next to it.

8. Todd Burch

Agree. Ditch the clock and go back to the digital values at the bottom, much better use of space. Also agree that the car app should be much smaller and could also merge with the energy app or something else.

9. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

Of the many low points of the design I think the clock app wins the price. I cannot fathom how this made it past the review process.

10. donv

donv Member

Tallulah asked for it?

11. green1

green1 Active Member

You're assuming there was a review process... from what I've seen that's obviously not the case.

This feels a lot like the way a certain employer of mine famously worked. Decided exactly what they were going to do, then policy said they needed to do a trial, so they did one, and then released it without ever asking the trial participants what they thought, it didn't matter, the decision had already been made before the trial started, the trial was only to satisfy the policy that there must be one.

12. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

I see this as plausible.