Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Release Month for 2015 Delivery Numbers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

koopkoop

Dec 14, 2015
asf
I keep seeing around here that 2015 delivery numbers will be out in early January. However, as far as I can tell from last year, the numbers were released in February alongside the ER.

I have option expiring in January and really need that catalyst to occur in early January so I'm looking for some historical or printed evidence to back up a January release instead of Feb.

Can anyone shed more light on this topic?

I keep seeing around here that 2015 delivery numbers will be out in early January. However, as far as I can tell from last year, the numbers were released in February alongside the ER.

I have option expiring in January and really need that catalyst to occur in early January so I'm looking for some historical or printed evidence to back up a January release instead of Feb.

Can anyone shed more light on this topic?

They have been releasing quarterly delivery numbers within 3 days of the end of the quarter since Q1 of this year. Elon announced on that call that they would be doing it like that from then onwards. So yes, you can expect the number in the first week of January.

They have been releasing quarterly delivery numbers within 3 days of the end of the quarter since Q1 of this year. Elon announced on that call that they would be doing it like that from then onwards. So yes, you can expect the number in the first week of January.
And I think in large part this was because of the rampant speculation plus grassroots effort to compile good estimates of their delivery numbers... so instead of dealing with possibly misleading numbers being out and potentially moving the market, they decided to release their own.

Perfect, that makes sense. That's exactly the info I was looking for. Thanks!