Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Release notes now available on "My Tesla" page

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Andrew

Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2013
Santa Monica, CA
Was just looking through the My Tesla section of teslamotors.com, and found this. Nice.

My Tesla   Tesla Motors.jpeg

Nice. Now the question is whether or not it shows up immediately or only after you install it in the car. Can anyone on v5.6 that refuses to update to v5.8 so that they could retain the features that they paid thousands of dollars for confirm that the release notes for v5.8 is showing in their MY TESLA page?

Also, still no mention of the crippling of the air suspension in these release notes.

Nice. Now the question is whether or not it shows up immediately or only after you install it in the car. Can anyone on v5.6 that refuses to update to v5.8 so that they could retain the features that they paid thousands of dollars for confirm that the release notes for v5.8 is showing in their MY TESLA page?

Also, still no mention of the crippling of the air suspension in these release notes.

Please do not turn this thread into another bitch session about the air suspension changes.

I have 5.6, and refuse to install 5.8. The 5.8 release notes DO appear on my My Tesla page.

This is great! Now we won't need to look at fuzzy pic's! Hoping the release notes are posted as soon as updates start hitting cars out of beta. We'll have to see if that happens...

And no, I'm not commenting on the ride height.

Bummer, araxara. :(

- - - Updated - - -

I must say it's kind of awesome that they have some of the old ones:
Release Notes v5.8
11/22/2013 1.1 MB

Release Notes v5.6
10/29/2013 1 MB

Release Notes v5.0
8/20/2013 685.2 KB

Release Notes v4.5
5/24/2013 1.2 MB

Release Notes v4.3
3/11/2013 1.8 MB

Release Notes v4.0
12/5/2012 3.2 MB

Release Notes v1.13.16
10/12/2012 2.9 MB

Release Notes v1.15.8
10/12/2012 1.3 MB

Release Notes v1.19.11
10/12/2012 1.8 MB

Some nitpicks:
  1. missing some versions that my car had (example: v1.15.14)
  2. "new naming" versions do not include the "old naming" string
  3. 2nd sort order (version) is ascending when it should be descending like the 1st sort order (date)

Last edited:
I don't have this "DOCUMENTS" section displayed on https://www.teslamotors.com/mytesla. Is there another link for documents?
This is very embarrassing, but I got a call from Tesla after I sent an email inquiring why I didn't have the Documents section. To make a long story short, I was clicking on the "My Profile" link at the top of the page, which allows you to edit your profile. I should have been clicking on the "View Profile" link under the car. In the computer industry we have many kinds of failures: Hardware Failures, Software failures and Softhead failures. You can guess which one I experienced.