Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Releasing Cable from Polar Fast Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI All

Tonight I charged the M3 at a polar "fast" charger..

At the end I stopped the charge, and the charger screen said remove the cable, but it was still locked in.. The only way to remove it was to unlock from the app...

Now a question.. If I had been driving the car using the RFID card, or had remotely allowed someone to drive the car, how on earth would I have been able to remove the cable other than the emergency release cable.

E

HI All

Tonight I charged the M3 at a polar "fast" charger..

At the end I stopped the charge, and the charger screen said remove the cable, but it was still locked in.. The only way to remove it was to unlock from the app...

Now a question.. If I had been driving the car using the RFID card, or had remotely allowed someone to drive the car, how on earth would I have been able to remove the cable other than the emergency release cable.

E
You need to press unlock on the touch screen in the car, or use the app but touch screen is quicker :)

04C82669-5CFD-4578-9837-ABD12FADACF4.jpeg

Reactions: Country Boy
Nope, did that and still locked. ;-(

Unfortunately there was not unlock on the touch screen... just start charge....

Was there or was there not an unlock icon on the screen? Not sure how you could have pressed it and then said it wasn't there?

Can we just confirm that you were using a tethered charger i.e. Rapid rather than a Fast charger (type 2) that you used with your own cable?

Hi Init 6

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

You are correct, I am using the incorrect terminology. I am talking about Rapid (50kw) charging with a tethered cable.

Thank you for posting the picture.. it is amazing how you can miss something that is in plain sight. You have answered my basic question of how to release the cable without using the app. I am grateful.

E

Hi Init 6

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

You are correct, I am using the incorrect terminology. I am talking about Rapid (50kw) charging with a tethered cable.

Thank you for posting the picture.. it is amazing how you can miss something that is in plain sight. You have answered my basic question of how to release the cable without using the app. I am grateful.

E
Glad you got it sorted, but it was @Alistairuk who supplied the pic.