Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Relese 8.0 USB and XM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am hoping someone can help here. I have had Release 8.0 for a few days now. I have a 2014 Model S 85. After reading all of the release notes there are 2 items I do not see on my car that are shown in the release notes:

* The "USB" does not show up when I plug in my Iphone 6+...am I to believe that the "USB" is actually a USB thumb drive and not a device like a phone?
* On the XM it says that there is an improved way to browse the channels in a new content guide "located below channel favorites" I do not see this anywhere, am I the only one or am I missing something.

I love my car but continually to be befuddled that a technology rich vehicle has a more rudimentary audio system than a Ford Explorer.

USB has to be a USB device. Car does not talk to phone except via Bluetooth. To play from phone, select it in car and use Siri to control.

Never used XM, sorry.

Media player leaves a lot to be desired in some areas, but is pioneer in streaming. It is frustrating that it hasn't advanced much since 2012, but when I got mine it was first car I had with USB and streaming. Needs more update than 8.0

USB is my choice most of the time.... but it seems that with 8.0 there are some problems with larger collections, particularly with the lack of a direct alpha search on the files USB.

Just plug it in one of the two USB jacks between the two front seats and it will upload.

The USB drive must be formatted as FAT32 or DOS only or the car won't recognize the files. I use a SS drive and it works well, but any properly formatted USB drive should work.

The media player is one of the most criticized (rightfully so, in my opinion) and it appears that Tesla wants to promote streaming.

On the positive side, the car is QUIET so you can really enjoy your music.

Good luck,