TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Reliability improves: Consumer Reports ranks Model S average with other cars

Discussion in 'Model S' started by calisnow, Oct 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

This is a big improvement for the Model S in Consumer Reports' ranking system. The Model S has finally achieving a CR reliability score on part with the rest of the industry.

In my book this is a tremendous achievement. The Model S's one weak spot has been a reputation for reliability issues - and now, only a little more than 48 months since its introduction, Tesla's first mass production car has achieved a reliability ranking on par with the rest of the established auto industry.

Model X is still plagued with problems according to CR but its first deliveries were less than 1 year ago and we all know how complex its falcon wing doors are.

• Like x 1
  2. kort677

kort677 Active Member

The new model S's have been pretty rock solid, I guess the X is still a bit problematic.

3. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

I guess thats... good... but shouldn't a battery and cordless drill be more reliable than 10,000 moving parts?

I know mine's been in the shop way too many freaking times. I guess the ICE just wins because it's had 100 years of 'refinement'... since it's mostly the same design as 100 years ago...

4. msnow

msnow Active Member

"NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Tesla Motors (TSLA) were climbing in early-afternoon trading on Monday as the electric vehicles manufacturer's Model S is now one of Consumer Reports's recommended models.

The model has improved to an average reliability rating.

But overall, Consumer Reports ranked Tesla 25th out of 29 auto brands covered in its auto reliability survey."

5. Lightmatrix

Lightmatrix Member

Great to hear. I've honestly had very few (knock on wood) problems with my early 2015.