TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Reliability of Summon

Discussion in 'Model X' started by ShadowR55, Apr 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ShadowR55

ShadowR55 Member

My wife and I use summon quite a bit. She uses it every time she pulls in and out of the garage when I'm parked inside as well and I do the same when she's parked inside. We have a Model S and X in the garage. The other day, my mom was visiting and she was parked behind one of the garage doors in the driveway, leaving more than enough room for my car to pull out of the garage.

This is how the car looked before I aborted Summon:
    [​IMG]

I don't understand how the parking sensors weren't able to pick up the other car. Usually Summon senses everything around the car. Has anyone else had any similar problems?

2. voltaren

voltaren Member

I can't load the photo. What happened? What's the before/after picture?

3. ShadowR55

ShadowR55 Member

For some reason it's saying upload is too large for server to process. And I can't figure out how to get the forum link from the Flickr app.

4. MasterT

MasterT Member

Here it is

upload_2017-4-15_14-44-48.png

5. MasterT

MasterT Member

Wow, that's a pretty close call. I wonder why the X did not detect the other car...

6. voltaren

voltaren Member

That would have been a bad scene, two rear quarters...

I've had mine get close like that and stop. I've also stood in its way to test, and it has always stopped.

7. WARP 10

WARP 10 Member

We've used it daily (in and out) since September as the space in the garage is too tight with the other car in there and haven't had a problem. Haven't had the opportunity to test it with another car in the driveway, though.

8. Yinn

Yinn Member

I've had a similar issue pulling in. For whatever reason the car wasn't going in straight and angled towards the garage wall. I haven't had an issue backing out though.

It looks like you have AP2, so it should've been even better at spotting that

9. ShadowR55

ShadowR55 Member

We've never had problems before, this was the only incident but I started getting too comfortable using it and I've been thinking of starting Summon while I was still inside the house. Figured I should share this just in case anyone else started thinking the same thing.

DO WHAT TESLA SAYS AND WATCH THE VEHICLE AND BE READY TO INTERVENE!

• Informative x 1
  10. ShadowR55

ShadowR55 Member

I believe it only uses the parking sensors for Summon but I could be wrong and the camera's are used as well.