Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reliable Magsafe phone mount for Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

efusco

Moderator - Model S & X forums
Can anyone point me to a good Magsafe phone mount for Model X. I specifically prefer one that does NOT mount on the air vent. Our prior experience with those is frustrating as the mount always seems to pull off when trying to remove the phone and I worry about damage to the slats.

The ideal option would be a Magsafe mount that also wirelessly charges. Something like the one below that I bought for my Model 3, but I don't see anywhere, other than the windshield (which we'd also prefer to avoid) to mount something like this in the X.

Would love to see pix of your solutions.

I know you said you don't want a vent mount but this is what I use: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08Q384RJZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

I have an iPhone 13 Pro (with a magsafe clear case) which has a large camera bump so the magnets don't fully engage due to the rectangular shape of the mount. But the phone still magnetically attaches pretty well and hasn't fallen off. The clip on the mount that attaches to the vent can go pretty far in and does a good job of keeping the mount attached to the vent. The mount will move a little but that might be because I'm afraid of tightening the nut too hard because it's all plastic after all. I've never had my phone or the mount fall off though. The other thing is the mount has trouble keeping the angle of the phone up towards me due to the weight of the phone and case. I use a USB-C car charger so I had to also buy a USB-C to USB-C cable (it comes with USB-C to USB-A cable).

I'm pretty sure it'll only charge the iPhone at 7.5W instead of the max 15W the charger can do. I've had it since June but don't use it all of the time so I can't tell you if it's durable.

IMG_6132.png