Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Religiosity out of MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Fact Checking

Aug 3, 2018
Vienna
You do those things when you have a cash flow problem and hope customers will still bite anyway.

You (again) made a slanted, misleading statement, designed to be unfairly Tesla-negative.

Tesla doesn't have "cash flow problems": at the end of Q2 they had more than 2.2 billion dollars in cash equivalents, and are expected to increase that significantly in Q3, to around 2.9 billion dollars according to this estimate.

Tesla's actions of raising the price of certain options is consistent with their past pricing behavior when they wanted to shift demand in certain directions, addressing certain production or parts supply bottlenecks:
  • For example the red premium paint of the Model 3 requires the stopping of all other colors in all painting booths in the Fremont paint shop, to avoid cross-color contamination. With the paint shop being one of the bottlenecks the painting of a single batch of red cars creates a 'synchronization barrier' which temporarily idles some of the painting booths. This extra cost is probably behind the price rise of +$500, from $2,000 to $2,500.
  • The increase of the AWD option pricing is very likely due to the unprecedented high take-rate of AWD, which requires much higher than expected production of front motors. The take rate is over 50% according to Tesla and also according to the Troy/Teslike Model 3 tracker. This high demand for AWD is probably the reason behind the rising of the AWD option to $6,000, which will shift more buyers towards the RWD option.
Donn Bailey, why are you trying to mislead about Tesla? How are you able to look into the mirror every morning and see a financial parasite looking back at you, a freeloader in essence, who is spending most of his days lying and stock-bashing for profit, trying to trick others out of their money and harming an innovative company whose only "sin" was to load up on leveraged debt to grow faster?

I suspect you cannot possibly be religious, but I'm curious how you are trying to rationalize the damage you are trying to inflict here and elsewhere - it must be evident even to you - or do you have known sociopathic tendencies? Do you have no moral compass left whatsoever? Are you seeking treatment for that perhaps, or are you a full "I don't care, the world must burn and I want to profit from it!" kind of person?

I'm truly curious.

I suspect you cannot possibly be religious, but I'm curious how you are trying to rationalize the damage you are trying to inflict here and elsewhere - it must be evident even to you - or do you have known sociopathic tendencies? Do you have no moral compass left whatsoever? Are you seeking treatment for that perhaps, or are you a full "I don't care, the world must burn and I want to profit from it!" kind of person?
I generally like your posts, but it's totally unneccesary to draw the link between morality and religiosity. To put it gently, the nonreligious and the religious are groups that cover the entire spectrum of demographics and morality. There is very little that suggests that there is any causal link between religiosity and morality, though you have some correlations like how less wealthy people tend to be more religious, and less wealthy people tend to commit more crimes, and therefore there is a tendency for religious people to commit more crimes.