TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Relocating Bluetooth Mic due to wind noise

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by oldgodzilla, Dec 12, 2018.

1. oldgodzilla

oldgodzilla Member

Hey all,

I keep seeing all kinds of posts about how people on the other end of a phone call made from a Model S at highway speeds commenting things like

"Are you under water?"
    "Do you have all of your windows open?"
    "Is that the wind?"

Various people have had iphones and had to turn off their apple watches, etc. I have a Pixel 2, and my wife constantly complains about poor microphone quality.

I've seen people have claimed to fix it by going to the SC and getting the mic replace, or reconnecting the bluetooth.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried relocating the microphone somewhere else?

2. bhawkins4194

bhawkins4194 Member

I'm wondering the same thing, I wonder if Dynamat behind the headliner around the mic would help. Other thing I was thinking is if one can source alternative mics from DigiKey or something.