Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Relocating to UK - take Tesla with??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@electricboat thanks for your help over the year and a bit but I've finally had the car registered with DVLA! Seems like all this is a lifetime ago when the shipping fee now is a different ballgame. if anyone wants to ship the tesla (i think they are still just doing tesla), you won't get someone better (I've spoken to a few shippers back then).

to everyone who is already in the UK - do give a shout if you see a HK Plate in the superchargers. chances are that it'll be one of us!

PS: Will need some patience dealing with DVLA registering. They do ask all sort of strange documents, but these guys will help you out!

I remember someone asked where to pick up the car. i picked mine up at herts off M1/A5. I think there was an alternative garage somewhere too

Reactions: catham8
Hello gents.
We have helped many car owners to relocate Tesla from Hong Kong to UK and Europe. Here is a few things.
1. Your SIm won't work, you will require to buy a local sim and swap it with the UK sim and update the APN. Sometimes it will work without updating.
2. Your Navigation will not work, you will need to either figure some ways to get Tesla to change the car into UK specs (But they won't do it at the moment)
3. SC and everything works just fine. Autopilot may works with internet access.
4. The charge port is exactly the same as HK and we have so far moved around 12 cars MS and MX and without any trouble.
If you have any more questions feel free to PM me. It is actually not so hard to import a Tesla to UK but you have to find someone who know what they are doing.
Hi, Are you still able to help people who have brought their Tesla over from HK to the UK? We brought our car over but as with others Tesla have repeatedly refused to change the maps so we are at a loss as to how to update to the UK so we can use the navigation system. I am a new member so I can’t PM you so what is the best way to contact you?

Thanks very much

Reactions: icemankaka
Hi, Are you still able to help people who have brought their Tesla over from HK to the UK? We brought our car over but as with others Tesla have repeatedly refused to change the maps so we are at a loss as to how to update to the UK so we can use the navigation system. I am a new member so I can’t PM you so what is the best way to contact you?

Thanks very much

Thanks very much
Hello, did you have free SC in HK? If you did, do you still have free SC in the UK? I am considering relocating with my MX to the UK.

Hello gents.
We have helped many car owners to relocate Tesla from Hong Kong to UK and Europe. Here is a few things.
1. Your SIm won't work, you will require to buy a local sim and swap it with the UK sim and update the APN. Sometimes it will work without updating.
2. Your Navigation will not work, you will need to either figure some ways to get Tesla to change the car into UK specs (But they won't do it at the moment)
3. SC and everything works just fine. Autopilot may works with internet access.
4. The charge port is exactly the same as HK and we have so far moved around 12 cars MS and MX and without any trouble.
If you have any more questions feel free to PM me. It is actually not so hard to import a Tesla to UK but you have to find someone who know what they are doing.
How can I contact you please

Thanks very much
Hi, Andrew, have you got it sorted out? I am thinking of bringing my MX to UK too. But can't seem to find reliable information. Hope you won't mind sharing your exp. My whatsapp is 90381009
Arnold