Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Relocating to UK - take Tesla with??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Gents, I'm looking at purchasing a Japanese spec model 90D, but would need to find a way to convert the maps to New Zealand version - is that something that you might be able to help me with?. Sorry I would have PM'd you but as a new member that function is not available yet. Car firmware version is V10.2 (2020.48.12.1).
I hope you are aware that Japanese spec Teslas use the North American proprietry charge port. I think you can purchase AC adapters from J1772 or even Type 2 to Tesla but I'm not aware of any Fast DC charge converters.

Hello gents.
We have helped many car owners to relocate Tesla from Hong Kong to UK and Europe. Here is a few things.
1. Your SIm won't work, you will require to buy a local sim and swap it with the UK sim and update the APN. Sometimes it will work without updating.
2. Your Navigation will not work, you will need to either figure some ways to get Tesla to change the car into UK specs (But they won't do it at the moment)
3. SC and everything works just fine. Autopilot may works with internet access.
4. The charge port is exactly the same as HK and we have so far moved around 12 cars MS and MX and without any trouble.
If you have any more questions feel free to PM me. It is actually not so hard to import a Tesla to UK but you have to find someone who know what they are doing.

Hi,

I am in a similar position having imported my Tesla S from HK to the UK and have put in a local SIM card but still can’t get Navigation to work. Have raised this with Tesla UK 3 times but just get back that as the car is Asia configured there is nothing they can do.

Can i please get some advice/help on this (am a new member to this forum)

Thanks

Reactions: catham8
Hi,

I am in a similar position having imported my Tesla S from HK to the UK and have put in a local SIM card but still can’t get Navigation to work. Have raised this with Tesla UK 3 times but just get back that as the car is Asia configured there is nothing they can do.

Can i please get some advice/help on this (am a new member to this forum)

Thanks
I can get it working for u
pls pm me