Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reluctantly Selling 2018 Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are moving and I am forced to choose between my two children, my Model S or my Model 3. Although I enjoy driving the 3 a little more than the S, I am selling the 3 as I need the hatchback option to travel with my dog.

My loss is your opportunity!

Details-
Midnight Silver Metallic, 18" Aero Wheels, Long Range Battery, Premium Upgrades, Enhanced Autopilot.

3000 miles. Car is 3 months old. Vehicle is like new with the exception of some curb rash on 3 of the wheels. I am including pictures for your review.

All in the car cost $60,210 including all taxes and fees. Of course, I will get a $7500 rebate which brings my effective cost to $52,710.

I am asking $50,000 for the car to take into account 3 months of depreciation.

Car is located in Briarcliff Manor, NY.

I am having problems uploading pictures so here is a link them.

We are moving and I am forced to choose between my two children, my Model S or my Model 3. Although I enjoy driving the 3 a little more than the S, I am selling the 3 as I need the hatchback option to travel with my dog.

Details-
Midnight Silver Metallic, 18" Aero Wheels, Long Range Battery, Premium Upgrades, Enhanced Autopilot.

3000 miles. Car is 3 months old. Vehicle is like new with the exception of some curb rash on 3 of the wheels. I am including pictures for your review.

All in the car cost $60,210 including all taxes and fees. Of course, I will get a $7500 rebate which brings my effective cost to $52,710.

Sounds like a very fair price. GLWS!

Details-

Not knocking your logic but after taxes and fees the new buyer will be paying more for a used car than you paid for it new. It’s a great deal anytime you can walk away almost free. Good luck with the sale

Reactions: Xolt

Details-

Suggest you show the invoice. Otherwise one might think you are hiding thousands of dollars of sales tax and license fees in that $60k number -- and actually asking new invoice price or more as the post above mine suggests.

Also, you may be able to get curb rash mitigated for a few hundred bucks. Won't be perfect but I did that for two of my slightly nicked 19" wheels and only a very close inspection would reveal that they had been touched. (However your pictures indicate pretty serious damage and a good as new fix would be much more expensive.)

Last edited:
Reactions: S4WRXTTCS
Suggest you show the invoice. Otherwise one might think you are hiding thousands of dollars of sales tax and license fees in that $60k number -- and actually asking new invoice price or more as the post above mine suggests.

Also, you may be able to get curb rash mitigated for a few hundred bucks. Won't be perfect but I did that for two of my slightly nicked 19" wheels and only a very close inspection would reveal that they had been touched. (However your pictures indicate pretty serious damage and a good as new fix would be much more expensive.)
I wasn’t suggesting any hidden taxes or fees just citing that he said his all in cost after sales tax, delivery, etc, was $52,710. The buyer of the car used will still pay transportation, registration and sales tax for a total price that is higher than the new cost. In the end he will be able to sell it, I was just citing the irony of the used cost being higher than the new cost. That doesn’t happen often.

• Love
I wasn’t suggesting any hidden taxes or fees just citing that he said his all in cost after sales tax, delivery, etc, was $52,710. The buyer of the car used will still pay transportation, registration and sales tax for a total price that is higher than the new cost. In the end he will be able to sell it, I was just citing the irony of the used cost being higher than the new cost. That doesn’t happen often.

It's not like buying a new car lets you skip out on taxes/registration. The slightly higher cost compared to buying new and subtracting credits is fair as a "skip the line" cost IMO.

Reactions: Enadler
It's not like buying a new car lets you skip out on taxes/registration. The slightly higher cost compared to buying new and subtracting credits is fair as a "skip the line" cost IMO.
No, he included those costs in the total, that’s what the irony is. Anytime you can sell a used car for what you paid new you are doing really good. It’s well documented that there isn’t much of a line anymore if you want a car equipped with the large battery and premium package. That is the reason they are now starting to offer the additional packages (performance, All wheel drive, white interior) to stimulate sales to buyers that have been just sitting on reservations instead of configuring them.

Last edited:
New to this forum. How do I PM this member, can't find the link? Thx
Click on the username and then Start a Conversation.
upload_2018-6-21_12-39-57.png

If you don't see that option yet, you might need to make a few more posts before you have the ability to PM.