Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remaining logged in to the TEG website

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I logged in on Chrome browser the day after the upgrade, and it is still working over a week later. Did you do the Registration step?
I was recently upgraded to 20.49.0 and completed the registration. However, I noticed after closing/opening the browser that not only did I have to login again (not necessarily a shock) but it claims my registration is "incomplete" despite supposedly completing (as best I can tell) the registration multiple times. Is there any expected verification step on Tesla's end that I am just not receiving?

It's completely inconsistent for me, sometimes I've been logged-out in around a day, other times it's stayed logged-in for a few days. Every time I'm logged-out it says the registration is incomplete, I filled out the registration forms twice now, yet it still says incomplete the next time I get logged-out.

Attachments

• upload_2021-2-27_15-39-20.png
    upload_2021-2-27_15-39-20.png
    72.8 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Every time I'm logged-out it says the registration is incomplete, I filled out the registration forms twice now, yet it still says incomplete the next time I get logged-out.
Ignore the registration is incomplete. It will always say that if you're not login. Once you login, you will not see that again most of the time. If you still do, just hit refresh on your browser.

I also find it very annoying to keep re-login every time I close and restart my browser. And since the certificate is self-signed, Chrome browser won't even allow me to save the password. Have to manually enter the 5 digits code every login.

• Informative
Reactions: bemyax
TEG apparently saves the login in a cookie. If you set your browser to NOT delete cookies from it, you should be able to save the login. I can open & close the window repeatedly, as long as I don't close the browser (which I have set to delete cookies).

Ignore the registration is incomplete. It will always say that if you're not login. Once you login, you will not see that again most of the time. If you still do, just hit refresh on your browser.

Nope, that didn't help for me. Even logged-in it says registration incomplete, even after doing the registration form 2 more times. And every time I complete the registration it seems the PW goes through another initial calibration cycle, it goes offline and starts making extra noises it doesn't usually make for a few minutes, then returns to normal operation.

Nope, that didn't help for me. Even logged-in it says registration incomplete, even after doing the registration form 2 more times. And every time I complete the registration it seems the PW goes through another initial calibration cycle, it goes offline and starts making extra noises it doesn't usually make for a few minutes, then returns to normal operation.
When I login, it doesn't go offline or doing any calibration cycle. Are you logging in as Customer or Installer?

Logging in as customer, and it doesn't do that on login, it does that on completion of registration, whether not logged in yet or already logged-in. So all 4 times I've gone through the registration forms I get bunches of extra clicking and humming from the PW for ~15 minutes or so, then things return to normal, but still report registration as incomplete a day or so later, even if my login is still active.

Logging in as customer, and it doesn't do that on login, it does that on completion of registration, whether not logged in yet or already logged-in. So all 4 times I've gone through the registration forms I get bunches of extra clicking and humming from the PW for ~15 minutes or so, then things return to normal, but still report registration as incomplete a day or so later, even if my login is still active.

The interface software is clearly broken b and I just ignore that incomplete registration tag. It is extremely frustrating to have to log in every time to access the api reports.