TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Remanufactured A Battery pack?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by okashira, Apr 17, 2015.

1. okashira

okashira Member

Has anyone heard of a Re-manufactured A pack?
    I don't see any in the table.
    We have one. SN 608.
    102527301-A
    Has anyone had experience with one? 90 or 120kW supercharging?

2. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

#2 ChadS, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
    I recently got one (while doing the contactor upgrade, they apparently had some problem upgrading my pack, so I got a "new" pack at 40k miles - it may be re-manufactured, but the capacity sure seemed like new), and I've talked to one other guy that has one.

I think (?) the other guy said it was still limited to 90kWh Supercharging, but I haven't been to a Supercharger since I got mine. It is the same thing they use as loaner packs for A owners (which is how I got it in the first place), and I have seen people confirm that the "A" loaner packs still only charge at 90kWh.

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Active Member

You mean 90 kW?

90 kWh is not an advertised capacity... there are currently 70 and 85 kWh capacities advertised.

4. steve841

steve841 Active Member

My A pack was sent back for upgrade in August 2014 .... Reinstalled in my car (back in October 2014), failed some tests and was returned to Freemont.

I literally picked my car up Thurs 4/16 with my A pack after almost 6 months.

Seems similar capacity ... however, it seemed (stress that) to charge slower.

5. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

Yes, I meant 90kW.