TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Rematch vs Lamborghini Huracan

Discussion in 'Model 3: Driving Dynamics' started by cOoTeR, Dec 15, 2019.

1. cOoTeR

cOoTeR Member

Awhile back I raced a Huracan and won. The driver didn't want a rematch that day. After posting the video online people lost their mind and couldn't believe it. The Huracan owner then contacted me and asked for a rematch. So we signed up for another 1/2 mile event yesterday. It was about 50° cooler this time but I was at a higher state if charge than the last race. Last time I was in the 70% state if charge range, this time I was around 90%. The last race was before the last 5% power update as well.

He had put better tires on his car and was running race fuel this time. I had removed my backseat for this event. He wanted to get a couple practice runs in. I would have preferred right away but, let him get his launches down since that's what everyone complained about with the last race. When we crossed the line we were only about 1.5 car lengths apart, it was very close.

• Like x 7
    • Funny x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  2. cOoTeR

cOoTeR Member

Here it's the forward facing view of the race.

• Like x 4
  3. bpobill

bpobill Member

Nice. How fast were you going at the end of the 1/2 mile? You were obviously ahead at the 1/4 mile right?

4. Adam3

Adam3 Member

The lambo needed race fuel and tires to barely beat it in 1/2 mile. I'm good with that.

• Like x 8
  5. cOoTeR

cOoTeR Member

I was doing 140 mph at the 1/2 mile. Yeah I had him until a little over the 1/4 mile, the Huracan driver said he didn't catch up until at least 3/4 of the race distance.

6. kwoody51

kwoody51 Member

Awesome race! You took him at the line, again :)

Crazy to see the speed gain once the Lambo gets going.

1/4 mile - you had him smoked!

• Like x 1
  7. Knightshade

Knightshade Well-Known Member

8. G26okie

G26okie 2020 P3D-

There are a few different models of Huracan. He could be racing against an LP580 which would have the expected results in the video.

9. Kiwiadventure

Kiwiadventure Member

No driver of this kind of car could be that slow off the mark. To be far now ICE owners will want 0-1 mile races.:rolleyes:

10. gearbox

gearbox Member

1 mile races..lol.. that's hilarious but probably true

11. ElectroFish

ElectroFish Model 3 Perfromance

You did 140 in the 1/2? Thats damn good! Before the new update the best 1/2 mile time I could find was a 135.

What wheels are you on?

12. cOoTeR

cOoTeR Member

I'm on Performance 20s . It was closer to 141. Last time I was out there in October before the 5% increase I was doing 136

Attached Files:

13. cOoTeR

cOoTeR Member

Different car. The one I raced was the rear wheel drive.
    Correct.

14. raptor5244

raptor5244 Member

The Tesla has so much more “usable” performance in the 0-70mph range. The high horsepower exotics and such can pull at higher speeds but what good is it unless you are doing 1/2 mile races like this.

The EV powertrains are a quantum leap in performance, now the manufacturers just need to start releasing lighter, better handling, sportier EVs for enthusiasts.

• Like x 2
  15. Knightshade

Knightshade Well-Known Member

While EVs absolutely launch a ton better than ICE for their power- he explained the issue here- the lambo was RWD.

The AWD version is quicker than the P3D both 0-60 and in the 1/4 mile.

Having myself owned a 500+hp RWD car in the past, I'd never do it again, anywhere considerably north of 400 it's AWD or nothing.... (Well, I mean, having owned a Tesla it'd probably be 'nothing' AFAIK ICE is concerned, but you know what I mean...)

16. ElectroFish

ElectroFish Model 3 Perfromance

Coming from a 600hp f80 m3 I miss the uncertainty a little

• Like x 1