Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rematch vs Lamborghini Huracan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awhile back I raced a Huracan and won. The driver didn't want a rematch that day. After posting the video online people lost their mind and couldn't believe it. The Huracan owner then contacted me and asked for a rematch. So we signed up for another 1/2 mile event yesterday. It was about 50° cooler this time but I was at a higher state if charge than the last race. Last time I was in the 70% state if charge range, this time I was around 90%. The last race was before the last 5% power update as well.

He had put better tires on his car and was running race fuel this time. I had removed my backseat for this event. He wanted to get a couple practice runs in. I would have preferred right away but, let him get his launches down since that's what everyone complained about with the last race. When we crossed the line we were only about 1.5 car lengths apart, it was very close.

You did 140 in the 1/2? Thats damn good! Before the new update the best 1/2 mile time I could find was a 135.

What wheels are you on?
I'm on Performance 20s . It was closer to 141. Last time I was out there in October before the 5% increase I was doing 136

Attachments

• 20191214_115024.jpg
    20191214_115024.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 71
Not to take anything away from your videos- but Is he just a really awful driver or something?

Car mags are putting down 2.8 0-60 and 10.6 quarter miles with that lambo. On normal gas pump fuel and street tires.

Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4 First Test - Motor Trend - Motor Trend
Different car. The one I raced was the rear wheel drive.
There are a few different models of Huracan. He could be racing against an LP580 which would have the expected results in the video.

Correct.

The Tesla has so much more “usable” performance in the 0-70mph range. The high horsepower exotics and such can pull at higher speeds but what good is it unless you are doing 1/2 mile races like this.

The EV powertrains are a quantum leap in performance, now the manufacturers just need to start releasing lighter, better handling, sportier EVs for enthusiasts.

The Tesla has so much more “usable” performance in the 0-70mph range. The high horsepower exotics and such can pull at higher speeds but what good is it unless you are doing 1/2 mile races like this.

The EV powertrains are a quantum leap in performance, now the manufacturers just need to start releasing lighter, better handling, sportier EVs for enthusiasts.

While EVs absolutely launch a ton better than ICE for their power- he explained the issue here- the lambo was RWD.

The AWD version is quicker than the P3D both 0-60 and in the 1/4 mile.

Having myself owned a 500+hp RWD car in the past, I'd never do it again, anywhere considerably north of 400 it's AWD or nothing.... (Well, I mean, having owned a Tesla it'd probably be 'nothing' AFAIK ICE is concerned, but you know what I mean...)