Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remembering it's "Me"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Beta V

Author, Dad, Mentor, Technology Critic
Nov 8, 2017
Redmond, WA USA
When I get behind the wheel, I've noticed that Angel does not always remember it's me. I have two profiles, "Bill" (me) and "Marilyn" (my wife). Half the time it seems Angel sets the seats and the other configuration options for my 5'4" wife which simply won't work for my 6'2" body. Is it that she is nearby and perhaps got close to the car first? Don't tell me I'll have to have her walk 10 paces behind me--she's not really into hanging back.

Are the two FOBs linked to the two profiles? We have the same problem, if my wife enters the garage before I do, the car sets to her profile and often doesn't want to get into reverse when I enter because she has already walked away from it (garage is too narrow to get in on the passenger side).
My "solution" is to unlock the car from the Fob as we are still outside the garage. That way the car sees my Fob first and the car and I are both happy.
If you are driving the car most of the time, another option would be to unlink her profile from her FOB. That way it always works for you but she will have to manually restore her profile each time (but at least she can physically get into the seat to do so)

Are the two FOBs linked to the two profiles? We have the same problem, if my wife enters the garage before I do, the car sets to her profile and often doesn't want to get into reverse when I enter because she has already walked away from it (garage is too narrow to get in on the passenger side).
My "solution" is to unlock the car from the Fob as we are still outside the garage. That way the car sees my Fob first and the car and I are both happy.
If you are driving the car most of the time, another option would be to unlink her profile from her FOB. That way it always works for you but she will have to manually restore her profile each time (but at least she can physically get into the seat to do so)

We took delivery of MX on 12/28, and are still trying to dope out effective use of two fobs, two profiles, and easy-entry. Your post is helpful. If I understand it correctly, does the fact that only the one of us who intends to be driving carries their fob to the garage circumvent the problem you were experiencing?

We took delivery of MX on 12/28, and are still trying to dope out effective use of two fobs, two profiles, and easy-entry. Your post is helpful. If I understand it correctly, does the fact that only the one of us who intends to be driving carries their fob to the garage circumvent the problem you were experiencing?

Yes, if only one of your FOBs makes it to the garage, the car will sync to it, set the linked profile and let you start the car.

Reactions: FarmerDave
T
The basic problem is that it can’t lock onto one fob first which is what we need... or which fob is ‘in the driver’s seat’, which is really what we need.

The FOBs are Bluetooth for the X. So like your cell phone, it pairs to the car. The first to pair eliminates the other FOB--indicated when the door opens (PUP). The suggestion of taking only the driver FOB into the garage is a solution. Make sure the other FOB is not in range of the car -- which is a considerable difference.