Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

REMIN Dash Kit DOES NOT FIT!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, All:
Was ready to order a new Model S in Red/Cream, until I discovered that the "Light Oak" trim is actually a euphemism for BUTT UGLY HOME DEPOT PLYWOOD! Then I thought, well maybe I could buy the dash wood kit from REMIN and just cover over that ugly mess. So, before I bought the new "S", I purchased the REMIN Dash Kit from CariD, and dry-fit it to my 2014 Model S (Identical dash pieces, according to the part numbers). Kit arrived today, and I'm sorry to say that the fit is horrible. Many dimensions are too small leaving 2-5 mm gaps around the new wood where the old wood shows. This would be especially noticeable with the color change from Light Oak to Mahogany. I've uploaded a few photos of the dry fit for your amusement. Requested RMA today.

Attachments

• Remin Dash Kit Misfit a.pdf
    216.5 KB · Views: 131
  • Informative
Reactions: Trebek1762
Hi, All:
Was ready to order a new Model S in Red/Cream, until I discovered that the "Light Oak" trim is actually a euphemism for BUTT UGLY HOME DEPOT PLYWOOD! Then I thought, well maybe I could buy the dash wood kit from REMIN and just cover over that ugly mess. So, before I bought the new "S", I purchased the REMIN Dash Kit from CariD, and dry-fit it to my 2014 Model S (Identical dash pieces, according to the part numbers). Kit arrived today, and I'm sorry to say that the fit is horrible. Many dimensions are too small leaving 2-5 mm gaps around the new wood where the old wood shows. This would be especially noticeable with the color change from Light Oak to Mahogany. I've uploaded a few photos of the dry fit for your amusement. Requested RMA today.
Thats crappy, i was just getting ready to order the carbon fiber kit. Ridiculous for $200+. I hope they didnt give you a hard time.

Hi, All:

If that's the pic from your actual car, it looks like Obeche Glossy, not Light Oak. IMO Obeche is pretty nice, but I can't say the same for that Mahogany or whatever it is!

Hi, All:

Wow, that is not even close to acceptable... thanks for sharing.

upload_2020-2-5_20-48-56.png

upload_2020-2-5_20-49-17.png