Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reminders about Tesla and TSLA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cattledog

Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Having several fires and a good, albeit misinterpreted, financial quarter has placed this forum in a funk. Nobody got hurt in the fires, we probably should have had more by now. The stock has dipped, yet we're exceeding what Elon has guided us towards. As far as I reread these articles tonight, and some of my own blog posts, some of my favorites from the last year, nothing's changed. The company, and its story, keeps nailing big steps and getting better.

http://caps.fool.com/Blogs/the-tesla-competition/856428
Best Line: "Tesla Competition...My guestimation is that everyone else is a half a decade behind." (OK, combines title and first line)

BMW i3 review: Electric car is a cheap, ugly Tesla Model S with an SUV on the side.
Best Line: "BMW's New Electric Car is Just Like Tesla, Only Much, Much Worse"

Tesla Model S Achieves Best Safety Rating of Any Car Ever Tested | Press Releases | Tesla Motors
Best Line: "Of all vehicles tested, including every major make and model approved for sale in the United States, the Model S set a new record for the lowest likelihood of injury to occupants."

Why Everybody Loves Tesla - Businessweek
Best Line: “Software is in many ways the heart of the new vehicle experience,” says TJ Giuli, a research lab leader at Ford. “From the powertrain to the warning chimes in the car, you’re using software to create an expressive and pleasing environment.” (Sounds like....Tesla!)

Tesla Model S Review | Tesla Model S Test Drive - Consumer Reports
Best Line: Homepage 300 (watch the first 18 seconds)

Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA): Tesla Motors' Full Analysis, Its Only Mistake, Outlook And Elon Musk - Seeking Alpha
Best Line: "It's truly the Car 2.0. Until riding in one, nobody should be allowed to write an article about Tesla, nobody."

Return to Power: the 2013 Tesla Model S - Road & Track
Best Line: "Beautiful, well-crafted, cool, and seriously fast, the Model S isn't just the most important car of the year. It's the most important car America has made in an entire lifetime." (Winner for best line, I still get chills reading that).

superTESLAfragilisticexpialidocious | teslamodels
Best Line: "It is the single most enthralling thing I have ever owned. By orders and orders of magnitude." (my blog)

Tesla = Apollo Program | teslamodels
Best Line: "And then they think, NO WAY..." (Actually just read the whole blog post - there's a great story that goes with it but I need to get permission to share it).

This Thing has more | teslamodels (blog again)
Best Line: "Secretariat = Tesla Model S...Every Other Horse in that Race = Gas Car."

Ok, are we feeling some love again? Does this place have a little more cow bell? It should. Tesla's given us all the ingredients for it, let's get on the side of right and flip the narrative on this thing back where it belongs. It's been a rough week. Looking up.
SNL more cowbell skit - Video

Last edited:
Nice list! And good points too. We're getting hammered lately but let's keep perspective:

In spite of the fires we still have the safest car you can buy.
Having fires does not mean that you are less safe.
The stock is still four times higher than it was just one year ago. We were around $32. back then. We are at $135 on Friday.
Accidents at factories happen all the time.
The media makes their money by creating fear and exaggerating problems.

Remember:

Tesla is building more cars.
Demand is increasing.
The stock will rise as Tesla continues to do what they are doing.
Europe and Asia are just now getting their cars.
Everyone loves their car.
Reviewers love the car.
Tesla is way ahead of everyone else.
There is no one making anything like the Model S and there is nothing on the horizon saying that they will in the future either.

Just adding more cowbell, Cattledog. :)

Great summary. Thanks Cattledog.

Tesla is also is rapidly deploying new Superchargers, stores and service centers. No other automaker has any of these assets.

This extraordinarily valuable infrastructure is funded entirely from their cash flow (profits).

GSP