Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote app suddenly having problems connecting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

andrewket

Dec 20, 2012
I upgraded to 1.51.109 a few weeks ago. Since then I frequently have had problems connecting to the car using the remote app. So far it has been when the car has been on 3G. Slacker and everything else works, so the car has connectivity.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I have 5.11 and have always had problems getting connected. I do have the energy saver on so it does take more time, if I wait long enough it usually connects. Sometime comes up with retry or some other statement about cannot connect or are you still there. I thought about taking the sleep mode off before I exit the car and when I know I want to turn on the air remotely.

I have been having intermittent remote app connectivity problems. They seem much worse since my first 5.9 upgrade. Its more than just the sleep delay....it will sometimes just NOT connect at all, even upon several tries.

I got another 5.9 this week, but haven't tried the remote app yet. Hopefully thats something they fixed.

I have had more problems recently, versus almost no problems in the past. Past couple of days have been OK though. I've also had a few more problems with losing 3G functionality, i.e slacker goes out and map text (but not the map itself) going out. I've assumed these issues are related.

I just received 5.11 v1.59.56 this morning. I was informed by the local SC that I was one of the "first to receive it." I have been experiencing a lot of connectivity problems and map problems for the past few months. For more details, see my post in the sticky for Firmware 5.11 and/or see my post as OP in the User Interface section of the forum.

I really haven't noticed connectivity issues while driving the car. Also, just to point out, I don't let the car sleep as it's not necessary for my daily driving. So the car is awake in the driveway and I still have had connectivity issues. Interesting...

I'm on 5.9, and I have also had intermittent connectivity problems. Seems to be pretty random, when parked at home or at my office, some days the mobile app connects fine and on other days it does not connect. Seems to be about 2 days a week when it won't connect, on other days connects fine. I have sleep disabled in the car.

Just now it won't connect, and I would like to turn the climate on as it is pretty cold outside. Should be summer, but hey, at least there is no snow..

I am having multiple connectivity issues as well the past week. Slacker radio has been constantly dropping connection, and my remote app is stuck on "Waking Car...", despite logging out and back in and killing the app from the background and restarting it. I also restarted both of my displays and that did not help. Even when my car is fully turned on with good 3G or even Wifi, the app will still say "Waking Car...". Anyone else with any idea..?

I seem to have this problem every few weeks now. I reboot the main console (using the rollers) to get it to restart. I have reported the issue to Tesla a couple of times and they just tell me to reboot. I'm running v5.9(1.51.109). All remote application access fails when in this state.

BTW, I have disabled the energy saver and this still occurs. I was advised to disable the energy saver shortly after the functionality came out as it was having undesirable lag effects.

Interestingly enough, when I arrived at my car after work yesterday there was a note that a software update was available. This morning I have 5.12. An initial try shows that that a navigation issue with drawing the route backwards (different thread) is fixed. We'll have to see over the next few weeks if they fixed this communication issue.