TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Remote App Unlock Function

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by SilverL, Apr 26, 2015.

1. SilverL

SilverL Member

Are people able to use this function at all?
    My car doesn't seem to respond to it at all, even though "Honk Horn" and "Flash Lights" both work as expected, and are almost instantaneous.

2. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

Mine work just fine.

Be aware that when you use this the car unlocks, but it does not present handles! You still have to touch the handles after it is unlocked to have them present.

3. TES-E

TES-E Member

Yes. I used it when my key fob failed. Used it to both unlock and start the car so I could go home and get the other fob.

4. WeazL

WeazL Moderator - Hawaii

Works just fine. It will prompt you with a popup confirming your intent to unlock the vehicle. If you confirm, the vehicle will unlock almost immediately.

If your app doesn't unlock your vehicle, try updating the app or reinstalling it.

5. SilverL

SilverL Member

Just tried it again, and nope, the unlock button just spins with the in-progress circle.

6. JPP

JPP Active Member

Might need to log out, close the app, and log in again. TMs DNS got hacked and it affected access via iPhone/Android all day yesterday.