TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Remote charge door opening with latest firmware

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by jcaspar, Jan 5, 2015.

1. jcaspar

jcaspar Member

Lolachampcar tipped me off to this. With the latest firmware (2.0.81 for me), a sustained push on the trunk button on the FOB will open the charge port door! No mention of this from Tesla. Firmware was updated as part of a service visit to fix a few rattles and some tail light condensation. Very cool!!

2. Great Dane

Great Dane Member

Just checked mine
    does not work yet
    love the idea
    much quicker then turning on phone
    and waiting for app to initialize
    must wait for update

3. Majerus

Majerus Member

My car works this way too on 2.0.77 . The one nice thing about it to is that if for some reason your charge port does not unlock when using the j1772 adapter you can press and hold the fob button and the port unlocks even with the charge door open. Pretty happy about this as I use a chargepoint at work quite often.

4. David99

David99 Active Member

Just tried it. Doesn't work for me.

5. paco3791

paco3791 TMC OG

Works for me, of course I only discovered this a couple weeks after I ordered Lolachampcar's fob. The extra fob is till a nice to have but I don't know if I would have ordered it if I'd have known this feature was coming.