Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote Diagnostic Fee?

darran

Nov 2, 2021
Earth
I scheduled a service because the app was asking me to and I got a follow up e-mail with a quote. The quote included a remote diagnostic fee. Is this standard?

I imagine the code was being thrown and someone just had to read it on a computer. Why would this cost nearly $60? I included a screenshot of the quote.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2021-11-03 10-12-18.png
    Screenshot from 2021-11-03 10-12-18.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 35

Watts_Up

Mar 4, 2019
In a galaxy far, far away
How old is the car? How many miles do you have?

About the remote diagnostic, it should be cover with the warranty,
but I read in some thread that you may have to pay if it is not a warranty issue or cannot find any problem?
What kind of issue did you noticed anyway, necessiting a remote diagnostic?

About the alignment, I would go directly to a Wheel shop, in my case I used Big O'tires.
This would be cheaper and you should get some warranty, so you can get a new alignment check later on.

What kind of problem whis your wheels?
- did you hit badly a pothole?
- noticed that your car doesn't go straight?
- a tire get an uneven worn?

N1L CO2

Jul 10, 2020
OC, CA
That's odd. Remote diagnosis has been "on the house" for me thus far. I have had 2 mobile visits and another 3 separate SC visits where they performed diagnostics prior to arrival. I had my latest visit a week ago where the diagnostics was free of charge.

Also, FYI, most alignment shops should now have the Model Y specs loaded in their systems. I paid $140 for alignment when I got new wheels/tires a few weeks ago.

And what in the HELL is a Repair Plan Confirmation fee??!? Unless this is super recent change from Tesla, your SC seems to be nickel & dime-ing you.

Last edited:

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC