Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote log file access?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey there
Are the hackers out there able to remotely get access to my vehicles log files?
I'm days away from my battery warranty being done... I had a "car needs service" error show up for about a minute after getting in the car. It has happened the last 3 summers, not often and only when it sat outside in the hot sun for some time. I have also been on version 16.2 for the last 3 years, so this error was only on this firmware version.
First time it happened I contacted service and they said it was a weird error, not to worry about it and contact them again if it happens again.
Last year it happened I scheduled service but my appointment was a few weeks out, by the time they got to it the logs were gone for that event.
Happened again last weekend so I brought it in to service asap and of course they said it was a firmware bug. They asked to update the firmware to resolve the issue so I had to agree.
I asked multiple times what the alert was, they were very hesitant to be specific but finally got them to tell me the alert was "the body control module sleeping and not waking up fast enough". Which aligns with the alert going away pretty fast but firmware doesn't care how hot it is so I find it suspicious that I only ever saw the message when it is hot.
Anyway, I was wondering if it's possible for one of the hackers to remotely connect to my car and grab the logs to confirm this explanation makes sense.