Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote S app: changing cars from Apple Watch?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got the Remote S app for iOS and it's pretty sweet. I got it specifically for the Apple Watch interface -- it's really conventient to be able to unlock and start the car from my watch and leave the key at home.

I can't figure out how to switch between my Model S and Model 3 in the watch app. The watch app seems to mimic whatever car is selected in the main app but the selected car cannot be modified from the watch.

Is there any work-around? (If there's a better thread or forum for this post, please let me know.)

Don't think there is a way to do this--you need to use the iPhone app. BTW, the app developer now posts on the Tesla site/forums and not here (some issues with respect to TMC not important here). Look up regoapps. The developer actively updates the app and is open to suggestions. I have used his app since he released it--really great and one of the main values for me to wear an apple watch.

On the second screen, the "Charge" screen, if you force touch the Apple Watch, you'll find a "Switch Car" button. This switches the car displayed on your watch. But give it a few seconds, because the change is not immediate. The app needs to grab the new data from your other car before it displays it. So it may not look like it worked at first.

As you also noted, the car you select on your phone app also switches the car that displays on the Apple Watch. If you don't like this behavior, go to Remote S' settings and look for the "Disconnect from Watch app" setting. This will prevent the phone app from also switching the cars on the Apple Watch app.