Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote S App with watch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I may be late to discovering this app, but I found a very relevant use case for me. I have always to be phone free on many ocassions and was happy to get the apple watch 3 with LTE. Now with the model 3, I had to carry my phone everywhere—but what I found with this app and watch app, I can be phone free again. Using this app, I can unlock the car door from my watch and start the car with my watch—all without my phone. This way I can make quick runs without having to carry my phone at all times. So very nifty should you ever need it.

Keep in mind that Remote S (on the watch or the phone) connects to the car through the internet, so if you park in an underground garage or another place where the car or the watch doesn’t have a cell signal then you may be locked out and unable to start your car unless you have your phone or keycard with you as a backup.

Reactions: Leafdriver333
I use a Remote S and it’s a great app.

What I have found is the the cell phone connection of the Apple Watch is nowhere near as robust as my phone. There are lots of areas where the Watch doesn’t work. Such as my house.

I would be really concerned that I’d be locked out if the Watch was my only method to open my car.

Keep in mind that Remote S (on the watch or the phone) connects to the car through the internet, so if you park in an underground garage or another place where the car or the watch doesn’t have a cell signal then you may be locked out and unable to start your car unless you have your phone or keycard with you as a backup.
Great point GregS. Thanks for your input!

I use the Stats app to allow me to unlock my Model 3 when it’s in my garage and I don’t have my IPhone with me. But I would never feel comfortable going for a drive without my IPhone with me. There are too many things that can go wrong with just the Watch.

BTW, is there a similar danger using the iPhone to do that also?

Using RemoteS on the iPhone has the same issue whether you have a model S or X or a model 3. Using the Tesla app with on the iPhone with the model S or X will also have the same problem as the communication for all of that happens over the internet.

However, the model 3 can use Bluetooth to talk to the Tesla app on your iPhone, so if you have a model 3 and your iPhone then you won’t need to worry about that issue.

Reactions: Leafdriver333
I cannot get Siri commands to work from my Apple watch. Has anyone been successful?
Siri commands worked for me, you had to launch an Apple app called shourtcuts first, then search for the command available to Siri by typing in "remote s"
click on the command you want to create, record its Siri command and Voila
Too bad for SR+ there are very few commands, open Frunk, Truck and Climate ON or OFF.. so little to get from the somehow pricey APP.
I have found that Siri takes its time to get it done! And sometimes fails to get it done .. I guess I need more practise with the APP

Siri commands worked for me, you had to launch an Apple app called shourtcuts first, then search for the command available to Siri by typing in "remote s"
click on the command you want to create, record its Siri command and Voila
Too bad for SR+ there are very few commands, open Frunk, Truck and Climate ON or OFF.. so little to get from the somehow pricey APP.
I have found that Siri takes its time to get it done! And sometimes fails to get it done .. I guess I need more practise with the APP
After the app update it started working for me also.