Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulmo

Jan 19, 2016
Vienna Woods, Aptos, California
This morning I noticed a later version of Remote S removed the information about how much energy my cabin air temperature control system uses. Remote S used to show this information (as volts, amps, and power). It is still available in the information Mothership sends; look at what VisibleTesla still provides:

Screen Shot 2017-04-23 at 5.43.41 AM.png

The only thing missing since the Great Mothership Current Omission is "Battery Current" which shows NaN.

Here's Remote S, showing no information about power or energy use, only showing volts; it used to have power use, too:

IMG_3267.PNG

AllenWong

Dec 9, 2014
Orlando, FL
This morning I noticed a later version of Remote S removed the information about how much energy my cabin air temperature control system uses. Remote S used to show this information (as volts, amps, and power). It is still available in the information Mothership sends; look at what VisibleTesla still provides:

View attachment 224053
The only thing missing since the Great Mothership Current Omission is "Battery Current" which shows NaN.

Here's Remote S, showing no information about power or energy use, only showing volts; it used to have power use, too:

View attachment 224054
Since Tesla removed the battery current info from the API for cars on firmware 8.1 and above, the app can't figure out how much battery drain there is on the car. The only information it has is the current, voltage and power from the charger.

I'm currently working on a solution to this. When I figure it out, I will put it in the next update.
Can you tell me your software config? Summons by watch does not work for me, though honk horn for example, does.

|v8.1(17.11.10)| AP2 |
Make sure that the iPhone and Watch are connected first before you do the Summon. You can do a test run first by opening the Remote S app on the iPhone and then wait until the icon to the left of Remote S is a solid white car and not an outline. This represents that the app is connected to the Summon server. Then use the Apple Watch to issue the Summon command.

You don't need to have the iPhone app open to issue the Summon from the Watch. But doing these steps would help you figure out what went wrong.

GSP

Supporting Member
Dec 28, 2007
I am sad to hear this thread will be locked. The information here is a very valuable addition to TMC and benefits many forum members.

Not permitting this seems short sighted to me.

GSP

BertL

Aug 19, 2015
Carlsbad, CA
I too am sad this thread will be closed -- for whatever reason that may be. I'm afraid discussion on the Tesla forum just won't be as useful, since there is no way to subscribe to threads and keep up with them there.
In any case, THANK YOU TO ALLEN for a great app and being the MOST RESPONSIVE developer I've ever had the opportunity to work with from time-to-time. I'll keep using and promoting Remote S, wherever the opportunity presents itself.

BeardedBro

Nov 3, 2016
USA
+1 for sad that this thread is going to be locked, as I've often found many of the posts to be informative and interesting. Considering my post is #2294, clearly I'm not the only one who thinks so!

Thanks Allen for all your hard work- keep it up.

• Love
Reactions: AllenWong

f-stop

Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver BC, Canada
+1 ++ very sad to hear this news, this thread is a valuable resource for the community and Allen is one of the most responsive developers I've encountered. The official forum isn't nearly as useful a place as TMC with its lack of search or notifications and watched threads.

Thanks Allen for the great app & great support, I use the app every day and really appreciate that it's actively supported and you're here to listen & respond to user feedback. I'll watch for you on the other side if nothing can be done to somehow keep this thread here alive

Last edited:

HookBill

Dec 28, 2015
The OC, CA
Following what so many others have already said, thanks Allen for all you've done here. After reading this thread for a year now I finally purchased your app last night and have started enjoying it ever since. This forum is a place for informing and educating and you have fulfilled that requirement. I think that is why your following has been so loyal. It is too bad that threads like this are closed while those containing a continuous stream of meaningless and, for the most part, hateful dialog continue to thrive. Good luck and I sincerely hope that level heads at TMC will reconsider their decision.

• Love
Reactions: Ulmo and GSP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC