Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Using the iPhone version only... just came out in US this past evening, and I really like it. Would be great if next version had some sort of indicator that it was responding to a command, and working - so I don't push it multiple times.

Great work. Hope you sell a ton of them.

Can you comment on the security implications of handing over our My Tesla login information to a third party? Thanks.

Same question. I want to buy the app but I'd like to understand how my data is protected.

@ regoapps Can you let us know a bit more about data confidentiality? Thanks.
The app only communicates with the Tesla servers directly. None of your login information is sent to me. I have no interest in people's login information, and I welcome anyone to sniff the packets sent by the app. This is also easy to do if you have a wifi router that logs the IP addresses that your devices uses. You'll see that the IP addresses it contacts are only Tesla's IP addresses. Your password is stored in the app for the Apple Watch Start Car feature and/or Touch ID feature. If you don't want the app to store any passwords, just don't turn them on. The only reason why I have to store the password is because to start the car, Tesla's API requires the password. Since the Apple Watch doesn't need a password and the Touch ID doesn't have a password input, the app needs the password to send to Tesla's servers. However, nobody has access to that password except for the app, since apps are sandboxed and inaccessible by other apps.

I like the way you call it "Start Car" on the watch.

I'd like to see the crown used -- perhaps when changing the charge level or temperatures, turning the crown, instead of tapping could be an option.
The crown is inaccessible by the app developers at the moment.

Awesome job!!!

I installed it on my (Future Model X driver) wife's iPhone 6 and Apple Watch (I'm Windows Phone guy).

Some minor feedback:

Phone:

Rename 'Unlock Car' to 'Unlock'.
I'm currently unplugged but it says 'Charge On'.
Charge limit is tough to get to amount desired. Maybe loosen the sensitivity.
Update graphic to show if charge port is open.

Watch:

On sunroof page, remove the word 'Roof'. Less is more.
On map page upper left, say 'Map' or 'GPS', not 'S'.

Again, really well done. Thank you!
The "S" in the map page is actually the heading of your car. S = south. As your car changes directions, it'll tell you the different headings like SSW, WNW, NW, etc.

"Charge On" means to turn the charge on. I guess that's a big confusing. I tried putting "Turn Charge On", but it doesn't fit. I'm not really sure what I should call it to fit in that small space.
I noticed that the charge limit thing is also hard to control. That slider functionality is set by Apple and I can't change the sensitivity. I need to think of a better way of doing it. I'm considering putting plus and minus buttons next to it so that you can fine-tune the charge limit, and then use the slider for someone who wants to quickly change the charge limit.

Suggestions:

In map mode, show a marker for where the phone/watch is (in addition to where the car is)

In breadcrumbs mode it would be cool if the trail of crumbs changed color gradually as the car kept going (i.e. for example the most recent marker is red, the next is slightly darker, the early markers are dark red or blue - kind of like a temperature gradient that cools off the further away from the marker you've driven).
For the map mode in the watch, I didn't put where the user was, because the map is very small already and I didn't want to drain the batteries by turning on the GPS. Instead, what you can do is tap on the map and it will open up the maps app. From there, you can get directions to your car and it will also tell you where you are and where the car is.

As for the phone app, I can put the user's location into the app. That's not a problem.

I'm getting Miles fine in San Diego.

My watch is not here yet, so I can only play with the phone part. So far so good.

I like having there odometer reading and estimate miles displayed. I wonder why Tesla left those off the Official app?

One thing I noticed is the map is not showing the cars location with I start up. It just shows the whole US in the background of the main page. It does not zoom into the car location until I go to the map page, though once it zoomed into a small island somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean. :)

Are there any plans to allow turning off features that don't work on some cars (close port on older cars, sunroof controls on cars with no sunroof, etc) or an option to display only whole miles on the odometer?

It's good to know that at least most users are seeing miles correctly. I wonder why the other users' APIs are different. I'm going to need to see the API responses for the people who have the bug for me to fix it. I hope someone with the bug will volunteer their OAuth token to me for a few seconds so that I could see the responses and fix my code accordingly. By design, the app doesn't ask for the car's location right away. It only asks for it when you're in the location view. The reason is because I didn't want to overwhelm the Tesla servers with requests. But I might add it in the next version and see if Tesla's servers will allow me.

Just purchase the app! It is great but I dont seem to be able to find a camper mode and also not sure how to adjust the temperature for driver and passenger separately!! Also anyone knows when the closing charge port automatically was included in cars? My was in production in feb 15, delivered in March 2015 with tech, so I was hoping my car had that capability but does not appear so!! Any thoughts?

Camp Mode appears when you press the giant REMOTE S logo on the top. It's like an advanced features page.

You can adjust the temp for drivers and passengers separately in the Apple Watch app. But I ran out of space for the iPhone app. But I will add the functionality to adjust them separately in the advanced features page I mentioned above. I believe the closing port functionality came out around the time the dual motors came out, because they mentioned that it was a new feature when I took delivery of the car. I have it on mine, and mine was delivered in Dec 2014.

When doing a force touch on the Apple Watch, it's hard to touch somewhere else on the screen to leave the screen without activating one of the functions:
c0414b440a11afd95352e402c6111a7a.jpg
This confused me at first too, but there's actually three simple ways of closing the menu: Press any of the two side buttons (crown or contacts). Force press anywhere on the screen again. Press the center or sides of the screen (this might cause false presses).

As promised in the other thread, I just bought the app. Looks great so far. A few suggestions:
1. It's not entirely clear how to geolocate your car. The way I found it is to press on the "hamburger (upper left 3 parallel line) button" and toggle the panels until I saw the mini tracking panel. The hamburger menu in most apps gives a pop out menu for things like preferences, other views, etc. would you consider moving things like the link to the car selection/sign out function, in app browser, preferences (eg units, notification selections, future features) to a pop out menu?

Right now, screen space is used for functions we don't need very often: the car icon in the upper right could be replaced by a target icon for geolocation, and the big Remote S text in the title could perhaps toggle the panels like the current hamburger icon does. Then, the hamburger can be used for a menu.

2. How does camping mode work?
3. Any plans for scheduling functions for HVAC etc?
4. What notifications, if any, does the app do? I'd love to have the charge interruption, charge status change, alarm, and update notifications that the Tesla app offers.
5. Agree with other suggestions about close port being invalid for non motorized charge ports. Does this unlock the charge port?
6. Looking forward to the large blue car icon to reflect the actual door(s), trunk, frunk, sunroof status.
7. It would be nice to have an icon indicating the car is indeed locked. The unlock car function in the lower left could be repurposed to an icon reflecting the actual lock status, then it becomes a graphical toggle. It might then move to the lower right panel where other graphical control icons are.

Thanks for a great app! Even as a 1.0, it's very impressive.
1. I considering just geolocating the car from anywhere in the menu system.
2. If you press the "Show Info" button next to the Camp Mode button, it tells you how it works. In general, you press "Turn Camp Mode On", and then leave your phone alone. Don't lock the screen, don't switch apps, don't switch screens or switch websites. If you lock the device or switch apps, you have 3 minutes to get back to the Remote S app before Apple shuts down the background functionality in the app. Apple doesn't allow apps to execute code in the background after 3 minutes of not having the app in the foreground. There are app exceptions like GPS apps, VOIP and music apps, but my app doesn't qualify as any one of them. If you're asking about how the Camp Mode works algorithm-wise, it shuts off your HVAC, and then turns it back on after 5 seconds. It will do this every 30 minutes (which is the time when the Tesla shuts down the HVAC normally).
3. Yea, these can be added in the future. The only issue is that the app has to be running in the foreground for it to execute code. Otherwise Apple suspends apps in the background and it can't do anything. I'm not sure how scheduling can be useful in these conditions, as someone would have to keep my app running the whole time. The other solution would be handing over the OAuth token to my servers and letting my servers execute the code (what I don't want to do, because people will complain about security issues and/or I don't want to run a server that controls multiple Teslas - that's too much liability). The other solution is to take your own OAuth token and creating your own server code or run a scheduler. But I don't know. My hands are tied here, because app can't run in the background.
4. I don't have access to Tesla's push notifications, and apps can't run in the background. So I don't have plans on adding notification. I would suggest just keeping the Tesla app installed for that, like I do. It even pushes notifications to the watch, which is nice.
5. It should unlock and lock the charge port. Does it? I don't have a non-motorized charge port to test this on.
6. It's a lot of graphics to create, because each combination would have to be its own graphic. But I'll get around to doing it. I wish I could overlay graphics on top of each other on the Apple Watch, but it doesn't appear to be a way to do it. I'll have to do more research to figure this one out.
7. The color of the car changes depending on whether it's locked or not. Blue = locked. Orange = unlocked. Also the lock car and unlock car buttons change according to its lock state. It would say unlock car if the car is locked. And It would say lock car if the car is unlocked.

The side button does that as well.

@regoapps - great job on this app. Love it! Any chance of using the crown to zoom in on the location map? Also for those without pano roofs, can the roof buttons be removed for simplicity?
I have no control over the crown button. Yea, I can remove the roof button for those without the pano roof.

I agree with SteveW on all his points, especially the "hamburger" (E-like symbol) not behaving like a drop-down menu as you'd expect.

One additional very minor nitpick: the charge port graphic depicts a US charge port. EU and Asian cars have the Mennekes Type 2 inlet, depicted below. If the API gives you info on whether it's a US or EU/Asian car it would be nice to have the graphic change.

I also agree it would be good if the pano roof controls simply did not appear for cars without the panoramic roof.

I didn't know that about the charge port graphic. That's something I can change.

- - - Updated - - -

Using the iPhone version only... just came out in US this past evening, and I really like it. Would be great if next version had some sort of indicator that it was responding to a command, and working - so I don't push it multiple times.

Great work. Hope you sell a ton of them.

I'm probably going to add sound effects to give users an audio feedback when a button is pressed. Someone else is already working on giving me some sound effects.

- - - Updated - - -

The app looks great. The vehicle seems to respond much quicker than with Tesla's app too.

One other request...

I love the ability to set the driver and passenger temps in the watch app, having the same ability in the iPhone app would be great too.

Also, does Tesla's API allow you to access the fan speed? That'd be a nice addition too, the 'auto' from the car does a pretty good job, but I'd love to override that if I wanted.

Awesome job again!

I'm running out of space in the iPhone app to include both driver/passenger temp buttons. But I will add the driver/passenger temp in the advanced features section (accessed by pressing the REMOTE S button) shortly. That just requires a website update and doesn't need an app update. I cannot control the fan. It adjust automatically according to the temperature setting, so you can "control" it by setting the temperature further or closer to the interior temperature.

A couple of comments:

Iphone app:

Toggles in the lower left corner (Charge off = disable charging) etc are really not very intuitive.
You should use icons same way as the native iOS quick toggles work (round icons with grey background = not selected, white background = selected)
Pano roof toggle should work the same way, now it is kind of "inverted"

That way you do not have to use texts at all and you could combine these two boxes in the lower part of the screen to one full-width box which takes less vertical space.
Same goes with the upper info box, move ranges to the right, make the box full width and not so high. I am using 6+, not sure how this works with standard iphone 6.

hamburger menu toggle is a little bit confusing. Is there really need for so many different modes? Fullscreen map with minimal info bar and smaller map with all overlays should be enough.

Car icon should show open doors, roof etc, with a lock icon that shows if it's locked or not.

Both:

No. of phases (europe), Amps and Volts are not shown. They should be, and not in a hidde menu but in the charging screen directly. Use same kind of indication as Tesla's own Iphone app. One text row showing Current/Max amps, vols and number of phases.

Regoapps:

Regarding your question 5 above in reference to wether the app will open a non-motorized charge port door. It will work, but the button seems to have difficulty in sensing the proper touch. Perhaps making the button force touch would help. Once the command is sensed, there seems to be a bit of a delay before the port opens. Force touch haptic feedback or the sound you mention would help in knowing the command had been sent, particularly if away from the vehicle where the port opening can't be observed.

I want to mention that I found the bug that's showing km instead of miles when the users wants miles. I'm going to fix in the next version. A short term fix I believe is if someone changes the car setting to display the charge as miles left instead of % charge left. That's what was throwing the app off. But in the next version, I will remove this requirement.

For those curious about how well the app is doing, it's currently the #1 Lifestyle app for both the iPhone and iPad (I also own the #1 iPhone news app - 5-0 Radio Pro Police Scanner)! It's also currently the #58 top iPhone app and #123 top iPad app at the moment and still rising. Thanks guys! The response to this app was much much higher than I expected. I originally thought that I was creating this app for maybe a dozen Apple Watch owners who also happened to have a Tesla. This will help pay for the Apple Watch that I bought specifically to create this app, as well as help me out with my hospital bills for my upcoming major surgery. Thanks very much again. I greatly appreciate each and every user as well as the feedback.
tesla #1 lifestyle.png

A couple of comments:

Iphone app:

Toggles in the lower left corner (Charge off = disable charging) etc are really not very intuitive.
You should use icons same way as the native iOS quick toggles work (round icons with grey background = not selected, white background = selected)
Pano roof toggle should work the same way, now it is kind of "inverted"

That way you do not have to use texts at all and you could combine these two boxes in the lower part of the screen to one full-width box which takes less vertical space.
Same goes with the upper info box, move ranges to the right, make the box full width and not so high. I am using 6+, not sure how this works with standard iphone 6.

hamburger menu toggle is a little bit confusing. Is there really need for so many different modes? Fullscreen map with minimal info bar and smaller map with all overlays should be enough.

Car icon should show open doors, roof etc, with a lock icon that shows if it's locked or not.

Both:

No. of phases (europe), Amps and Volts are not shown. They should be, and not in a hidde menu but in the charging screen directly. Use same kind of indication as Tesla's own Iphone app. One text row showing Current/Max amps, vols and number of phases.

Good suggestions. I will fix the icons in the next version to make it more like Apple's GUI.

I need to rethink the hamburger menu button's functionality.

Car icon changes color based on whether it's locked or not (blue vs orange, door closed vs open), but yea, I can add a locked/unlocked icon to make it more intuitive. There's a lot of graphics for me to make for that car icon to display a lot of things. Now that I have more time to work on the second version, I can make those graphics.

Regoapps:

Regarding your question 5 above in reference to wether the app will open a non-motorized charge port door. It will work, but the button seems to have difficulty in sensing the proper touch. Perhaps making the button force touch would help. Once the command is sensed, there seems to be a bit of a delay before the port opens. Force touch haptic feedback or the sound you mention would help in knowing the command had been sent, particularly if away from the vehicle where the port opening can't be observed.

I'll add user feedback on button presses. I already had plans on adding button sounds.

Last edited:
regoapps: Thanks! I had already bought the app but the security explanation is helpful. Might be worth including that in the App Store description if it is not already there.

It's already there in the app description. I preempted people's concerns with security, and I made sure that there's no communication between the app and myself. Even when you press the Remote S button and access the advanced features on my website, it only runs a javascript that tells the app to communicate with the Tesla servers. So even in Camp Mode, the app is communicating directly with Tesla servers. The website is only running the javascript timer that tells the app to send the command every 30 minutes. And anyone is welcome to view and analyze the source code of that website to verify this.

It's already there in the app description. I preempted people's concerns with security, and I made sure that there's no communication between the app and myself. Even when you press the Remote S button and access the advanced features on my website, it only runs a javascript that tells the app to communicate with the Tesla servers. So even in Camp Mode, the app is communicating directly with Tesla servers. The website is only running the javascript timer that tells the app to send the command every 30 minutes. And anyone is welcome to view and analyze the source code of that website to verify this.

Thanks! In my excitement to download the app (even though I don't have an Apple Watch yet) I missed it. Nice job with the app.

thanks for replying to the feedback so far! The upcoming revisions will make the app even better. As others have mentioned, there is room to clean up the interface for items that don't need direct access frequently and while you think about the hamburger menu functionality, consider moving the charge setting options there (eg charge limit, enable/disable charging), but make the charge port unlock, HVAC, car lock, etc all as individual icons that provide status as well as function a la the Apple wifi/Bluetooth etc as suggested here.

Is there a way to make the map in the background scroll and automatically center on the car's location? Right now, in default starting mode, it is a zoomed out view of all of North America, thus not really useful.

FYI I just completed a road trip from Seattle back home to Vancouver, Canada. When in the USA, I set my display units to miles, and after crossing home back into Canada, I reverted to km. Once the car connected to the Canadian cellular network, the application switched its displays back over to kilometers, thus, at least for me, it seemed to track the car's settings in real time. Nice work!

I know there seem to be a lot of suggestions flowing in quickly, but I hope this reflects the fact that we really do think your application is terrific and are excited about having access to even better functionality. I'm happy you're seeing such uptake so quickly.

Best wishes on your upcoming surgery!

Edit: I just realized soon there may be confusion if people are commenting on watch or iphone or iPad issues. As a group we should specify what we are referring to. For my purposes, these comments are re the iphone app. Waiting for my watch still.

Last edited:
Thanks for the app. Mine is also showing km instead of miles even though it's set to miles in the car.

Yup, this is a known bug. It will be fixed in the next version. I already figured out what was causing it, because someone with the bug was nice enough to send me his OAuth token for me to analyze the Tesla server response. In the meantime, if you set the charge display to miles instead of % charge in your car, this fixes the app.

thanks for replying to the feedback so far! The upcoming revisions will make the app even better. As others have mentioned, there is room to clean up the interface for items that don't need direct access frequently and while you think about the hamburger menu functionality, consider moving the charge setting options there (eg charge limit, enable/disable charging), but make the charge port unlock, HVAC, car lock, etc all as individual icons that provide status as well as function a la the Apple wifi/Bluetooth etc as suggested here.

Is there a way to make the map in the background scroll and automatically center on the car's location? Right now, in default starting mode, it is a zoomed out view of all of North America, thus not really useful.

FYI I just completed a road trip from Seattle back home to Vancouver, Canada. When in the USA, I set my display units to miles, and after crossing home back into Canada, I reverted to km. Once the car connected to the Canadian cellular network, the application switched its displays back over to kilometers, thus, at least for me, it seemed to track the car's settings in real time. Nice work!

I know there seem to be a lot of suggestions flowing in quickly, but I hope this reflects the fact that we really do think your application is terrific and are excited about having access to even better functionality. I'm happy you're seeing such uptake so quickly.

Best wishes on your upcoming surgery!

Edit: I just realized soon there may be confusion if people are commenting on watch or iphone or iPad issues. As a group we should specify what we are referring to. For my purposes, these comments are re the iphone app. Waiting for my watch still.
All excellent interface suggestions that have been mentioned by others as well. So that's the plan: Move less used functions into the drop-down hamburger menu button. Also move the "switch cars/sign out" button into the drop-down menu. Also make sure that the drop-down menu has Apple-like status/functionality a la Apple Wifi/Bluetooth etc. This should leave the app with only two states: The car stats state and then the larger map/driving stats. The top right button will be a map icon vs a car icon to reflect switching between the two states. That sound good with everyone?

Yes, in the next update, the map will automatically zoom to the car no matter which view you're in.

And yes, it does track the km/mi in real time as well as your other car settings.

I welcome all feedback, and greatly appreciate them. Keep in mind that I'm an avid user of my own app, so whatever improvements you guys suggest is also an improvement for an app that I use frequently as well! After a while, you'll come to use my app more frequently than the official app. The access to the command buttons are just quicker, and the stats readout doesn't require swiping through pages.

- - - Updated - - -

I bought the app in the wee hours this morning (or was it yesterday)? Anyway, thanks again for camp mode :). I'm looking forward to the enhancements.

Thank YOU for Camp Mode. I used it during my road trip from Orlando to NYC. I took a nap in my car in the Virginia supercharger, because it required a full 100% charge to get to Delaware, which took me about an hour and a half or something like that.

@regoapps:

thank you so much for your response! I am glad you got a good start as far as downloans go! It is a great app and thanks for working so hard on it! Wish you a very speedy recovery from your surgery! Hope you take sometime off from working on the app and focus on your health especially, you being a very young!

Just bought app and tested it a bit, especially on my Apple Watch. I have a few comments that may or may not be actual glitches but perhaps you or others can say if they observe the same behavior. ALL of these are on the watch...

1. I cannot seem to trigger open either my Trunk or Frunk. I get to the buttons with the force tap but tapping the buttons does not seem to do anything.

2. If I press VENT for the roof when the roof is closed, it only slightly raises up (kind of like a half vent). If I open the roof and then press vent it goes to the regular (expected) vent position.

3. I seem to have issues making the individual temperature buttons respond on the screen where you can increase and decrease the temp. I press and often then they do not move. It takes multiple presses and sometimes the watch seems to react and sometimes not. Is there a trick to doing this consistently?

4. On the HVAC screen, the temp and roof buttons are not easy to hit. It is almost like the area set up to recognize a press is very small and often I press and nothing happens. Maybe a similar issue to number 3 above.

5. I find the visual feedback after executing a command is somewhat slow. For example, when you lock the car, the action is taken very quickly but the graphical representation showing that the car is now locked sometimes takes a while (or I have to change screens and come back). This could cause some people to think the action has not been registered or executed and cause them to press for the action again.

Otherwise the app is great and I can't wait to show it to my friends at our local Tesla club event next Saturday. You will probably get even more downloads :)

Great app, I think you underestimated your market. I showed it to three other owners at the Vacaville supercharger this afternoon and they all said they'd download it today. I think word of mouth is going to make this a hit. It's everything the Tesla app should've been.

Feature idea: Though I can manually turn on the climate control with the app or my watch, since the the car cools or heats so quickly, how about the ability to automatically turn on climate control when you return to within a certain distance (? 1/4 or 1/8 mile) from the car after you've been away for a while? Alternatively, a feature for the app (and especially the watch) if you're walking back to your car, the app would notice this and might say something along the lines of "it looks like you're returning to your parked car which now has an internal temperature of 101° F, would you like to pre-cool it?"

I'm probably going to add sound effects to give users an audio feedback when a button is pressed. Someone else is already working on giving me some sound effects.

Great app, thanks ! I think it would be better to use visual feedback instead of adding sounds, so the app (especially the Watch app) can be used without disrupting other things (for example, in a meeting).

Just bought app and tested it a bit, especially on my Apple Watch. I have a few comments that may or may not be actual glitches but perhaps you or others can say if they observe the same behavior. ALL of these are on the watch...

1. I cannot seem to trigger open either my Trunk or Frunk. I get to the buttons with the force tap but tapping the buttons does not seem to do anything.

2. If I press VENT for the roof when the roof is closed, it only slightly raises up (kind of like a half vent). If I open the roof and then press vent it goes to the regular (expected) vent position.

3. I seem to have issues making the individual temperature buttons respond on the screen where you can increase and decrease the temp. I press and often then they do not move. It takes multiple presses and sometimes the watch seems to react and sometimes not. Is there a trick to doing this consistently?

4. On the HVAC screen, the temp and roof buttons are not easy to hit. It is almost like the area set up to recognize a press is very small and often I press and nothing happens. Maybe a similar issue to number 3 above.

5. I find the visual feedback after executing a command is somewhat slow. For example, when you lock the car, the action is taken very quickly but the graphical representation showing that the car is now locked sometimes takes a while (or I have to change screens and come back). This could cause some people to think the action has not been registered or executed and cause them to press for the action again.

Otherwise the app is great and I can't wait to show it to my friends at our local Tesla club event next Saturday. You will probably get even more downloads :)

1. Ah, you found the hidden Frunk and Trunk buttons. This is not a bug. The Tesla API currently accepts commands to open the trunk/frunk. BUT it doesn't do anything. I'm guessing that this is going to be in a future update. So I anticipated it and added the buttons in, even though they don't work now.

2. This is interesting. I'm just sending the "vent" command to Tesla's API. I didn't know that there's a difference between the two vents. I'm going to have to verify this. It should be an easy fix. I actually have the ability to set any % of the roof opening. I only simplified it to the 4 settings.

3. I think because the button is very small. I have the same issues. I'm going to change the size of the button in a future version.

4. Again, I think it's the size of the button. I'll fix it in the future version.

5. This is by design. The app only updates the car every 15 seconds to not overwhelm the servers (doing so will cause Tesla's servers to start ignoring your commands). So if you press a command, you just have to wait a bit for the app to update. You can see when it updates, because it should say something like "Downloading P12345 Data". I'm going to tweak the app a bit and see if I can get it to respond faster without Tesla's servers getting angry.

Great app, I think you underestimated your market. I showed it to three other owners at the Vacaville supercharger this afternoon and they all said they'd download it today. I think word of mouth is going to make this a hit. It's everything the Tesla app should've been.

Feature idea: Though I can manually turn on the climate control with the app or my watch, since the the car cools or heats so quickly, how about the ability to automatically turn on climate control when you return to within a certain distance (? 1/4 or 1/8 mile) from the car after you've been away for a while? Alternatively, a feature for the app (and especially the watch) if you're walking back to your car, the app would notice this and might say something along the lines of "it looks like you're returning to your parked car which now has an internal temperature of 101° F, would you like to pre-cool it?"

The response was quite overwhelming. I'm very excited and happy with all of the positive feedback. I wasn't expecting any of this at all.

Yea, adding a geofence was something that I thought would be cool. I plan on adding some kind of geofencing ability in the future. But with the second version, I want to get the interface and bugs fixes done first and quickly. And then be able to spend more time to adding cool new features like geofencing to set certain conditions.

Great app, thanks ! I think it would be better to use visual feedback instead of adding sounds, so the app (especially the Watch app) can be used without disrupting other things (for example, in a meeting).

Are you talking about the Watch or iPhone app? On the iPhone, you can just mute sounds with the side button.

Status
Not open for further replies.