Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has been asked before, I did check the user guide.
Is it possible to charge the Model S when in 'camper mode'? Using the Bjorn Nyland method, the car has to be in neutral, so can't charge while in 'camper mode'. Does Remote S get over this restriction?
I would like to charge (240v x 10A) while sleeping overnight at daughters place in Model S.

Hoping for your quick recovery and thanks for the app. I'm expecting to get my Model S by the end of this month. Cheers from Australia.
Yes you can. I have personally tested camp mode while sleeping in my car and charging it.

- - - Updated - - -

New user of both Model S and Remote S--

Last night while car was charging in my garage the app showed inside and outside temperatures; this morning, with charging complete, they're not showing. Why is that?
The inside and outside temp sensors only turn when the climate control is turned on or randomly throughout the day. While charging, sometimes it shows when the cooling system turns on to cool to battery.

Yes you can. I have personally tested camp mode while sleeping in my car and charging it.

- - - Updated - - -

The inside and outside temp sensors only turn when the climate control is turned on or randomly throughout the day. While charging, sometimes it shows when the cooling system turns on to cool to battery.

+1. The only way I'm aware of to charge and keep the HVAC on is with remote S camp mode. I did it once this summer and it worked well.

I can't figure out how to tell from app if car is sleeping or not. The Gps says my car is a long way from home (i think the last place I had app opened). Nothing in the app seems to indicate the stats/location in looking at is cached and not up to date.

Tried the official app and it said "waking car", so at that point I understood why the stats/gps was off in Remote S - it was not updated.

For some reason the app recently stopped doing the complete "Max Cool" commands. It only turns on the climate and sets it to LO but it's no longer venting the roof. Weird.
Max Cool never vented the roof. Only Max Cool from the webpage when you press Remote S logo vents the roof as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't figure out how to tell from app if car is sleeping or not. The Gps says my car is a long way from home (i think the last place I had app opened). Nothing in the app seems to indicate the stats/location in looking at is cached and not up to date.

Tried the official app and it said "waking car", so at that point I understood why the stats/gps was off in Remote S - it was not updated.
I plan on adding a "last updated info on..." Text in the main app for version 3.0.

It would be useful to have Remote S alert you if you forgot and left the panoramic roof open while parked.

Yes, that could be nice.

Yesterday I also wished I had a way to be notified in the evening if car was not plugged in and I had less than XX typical left on the battery. Would be a good reminder for those days you forget to plug-in. I usually only plug-in every other day, but maybe that's just me :D

It looks like there may be some issues with iOS 9. I just upgraded my iPhone 6 to IOS 9, and Remote S started showing a barrage of location markers, instead of the single one where my car is. See the snapshot.

IMG_4245.PNG

- - - Updated - - -

Notice also bug in the "Added" value at the bottom left: it now shows a long list of "9"s after the decimal point.

Hey Allen,

Not sure if mentioned before... It would be useful to have Remote S alert you if you forgot and left the panoramic roof open while parked.

Yes, that could be nice.

Yesterday I also wished I had a way to be notified in the evening if car was not plugged in and I had less than XX typical left on the battery. Would be a good reminder for those days you forget to plug-in. I usually only plug-in every other day, but maybe that's just me :D

these two things should be working when I finish coding the background scheduler. If you scroll back in the thread to before June 30th, you can see screenshots of me working on it and get a good idea of what it does.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm referring to the webpage.

Confirmed again today. Climate ON, Max Cool On, Roof not venting.

Odd. Still works for me and someone else confirmed that it worked. Does venting your roof work normally with the regular button? Did you recently change some kind of setting on your phone like upgrade to iOS 9 or disable JavaScript? this will be hard to debug if I can replicate the bug.

- - - Updated - - -

It looks like there may be some issues with iOS 9. I just upgraded my iPhone 6 to IOS 9, and Notice also bug in the "Added" value at the bottom left: it now shows a long list of "9"s after the decimal point.

Bug is from the Tesla API. I'll fix it in the next update. The app was originally just taking the raw value from the API, but it looks like I should do some rounding to make that number shorter.

Status
Not open for further replies.