Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Some people have set up voice activation on their own using other programs which connect from their home computers to their MS, and then other devices (like Amazon Echo) not connected to an Apple Watch. Do some other searches in the Model S User Interface forum for discussion.

I don't think you are correct - look at this YouTube video which shows the regoapps voice control

Reactions: Model S M.D.
I don't think you are correct - look at this YouTube video which shows the regoapps voice control

I have the latest versions of Remote S on my iPhone 6 and Apple Watch, which are also running the latest versions of iOS and WatchOS. Just tried the examples from the video and it does not work with a pure Apple environment. Have looked again at iPhone, Watch and Remote S settings and don't see what I'm missing -- so we can wait for Allen to weigh-in, confirm, or tell me the trick to enable the functionality.

Last edited:
1) Yes, eventually. Right now my car is in NYC and I'm in Florida, but the car refuses to communicate remotely with me for some reason. I cannot connect to it via the Official Tesla app or any app. This only started happening a month ago. Maybe Tesla is retaliating for making Remote S? I hope not, but it could be a possibility after what they did to wk after he leaked the P100D intel. It'll be really difficult to code Tesla programs without a working Tesla, but it wouldn't be impossible. Just making my life unnecessarily more difficult.
2) If Apple enables Siri to communicate with apps, I will. What I have shown in the video was a workaround hack that Apple may or may not approve of. I might give it a show if there's a high demand for an app like that, but the first time I showed off the feature, there was a lukewarm response to it. Users found it gimmicky. Instead they wanted background scheduling for functions and reminders.

• Informative
Reactions: Alain13
Allen,
does your workaround work like this one? or is different? I love your app, and hope you keep making it better as you have been doing so.
Nope. Mine is completely self-contained and doesn't need anything else, nor any setup by the user. I was waiting for Apple to give an official Siri API, but it looks like they're not going to do that. So I'll try to get my workaround into the app store. If they reject it, I'll disclose what I did so that anyone with free time on their hands can do what I did.

And yes, I'm dying to resume work on the Remote S app. I get reunited with my Tesla later this month, so I can finally resume work. Without my Tesla, it's very hard to work on the app, since I can't test my app. My first objective is getting background scheduling to work, as that's the #1 requested feature. Followed by Force Touch menu, watch complications, and porting to Watch OS 2.

Nope. Mine is completely self-contained and doesn't need anything else, nor any setup by the user. I was waiting for Apple to give an official Siri API, but it looks like they're not going to do that. So I'll try to get my workaround into the app store. If they reject it, I'll disclose what I did so that anyone with free time on their hands can do what I did.

And yes, I'm dying to resume work on the Remote S app. I get reunited with my Tesla later this month, so I can finally resume work. Without my Tesla, it's very hard to work on the app, since I can't test my app. My first objective is getting background scheduling to work, as that's the #1 requested feature. Followed by Force Touch menu, watch complications, and porting to Watch OS 2.

Awesome!! Hope they approve otherwise excited to try it. Thanks for all the work Allen. Must be hard to be away from the S although it looks like you have plenty of other toys. Is the S your favorite?

Awesome!! Hope they approve otherwise excited to try it. Thanks for all the work Allen. Must be hard to be away from the S although it looks like you have plenty of other toys. Is the S your favorite?
It's getting the Ludicrous update next week, so it's my current favorite car. I do prefer the looks of my supercars better, though. But I saw the facelift update in person in Fremont two days ago, and it looks great.

• Helpful
Reactions: DCGOO
Hi,

I am having trouble with the app. At I was able to track the location of my car, but recently it started only showing where my cellphone was on the map. My wife could be at the market, and it would show where I was standing. How do I get the app to hook up to the car again so I can follow it on a map? Thanks!

Hi,

I am having trouble with the app. At I was able to track the location of my car, but recently it started only showing where my cellphone was on the map. My wife could be at the market, and it would show where I was standing. How do I get the app to hook up to the car again so I can follow it on a map? Thanks!
On the top bar, there should be 3 buttons underneath the "Remote S" logo. The right-most button of these three determines what to follow on the map. As you're pressing the button, it will say what it's doing on the status text above the blue car icon. If you don't see these 3 buttons, tap the top-right most button.

just checking back to see if there is any news for Android users please
Configuring the background scheduling, if it goes according to my current plans, will work on any web browser, including Android. It would be the first step to making Remote S available on multiple platforms.

Reactions: Andyw2100
On the top bar, there should be 3 buttons underneath the "Remote S" logo. The right-most button of these three determines what to follow on the map. As you're pressing the button, it will say what it's doing on the status text above the blue car icon. If you don't see these 3 buttons, tap the top-right most button.

Configuring the background scheduling, if it goes according to my current plans, will work on any web browser, including Android. It would be the first step to making Remote S available on multiple platforms.

THANK YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.