Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me how to add a new Tesla to my Remote S app and delete the older vehicle?
You need to call Tesla to add the new car to the your current MyTesla account and remove the old car from your MyTesla account. Assuming that you're talking about a private sale, you need to provide proof that you own the vehicle (and the new owner of your old vehicle has to do the same on his/her end).

Here are the requirements directly from Tesla to add a car to your MyTesla account:
·Color copy or photo of your current driver’s license
·Copy or photo or either your vehicle title or registration (Temporary Registration is ok)
·Phone Number
·Email Address (the email you used to set up your My Tesla Account/Mobile App)
·Home or mailing address

If anyone's here to check why Remote S isn't working, it's a system wide outage and no Tesla apps/websites using their API will work at the moment. There is no ETA on when it will start working again as I have not been told anything and I think even Tesla isn't sure when it will be back up again. I tried an alternative URL to their servers given to 3rd party API key holders, and even the alternative URL doesn't work as well. I will keep trying to figure out a way to get you guys back online again even if it means submitting a hot-fix update to the app and continue to monitor the situation.

hi Allen - I just noticed what appears to be a strange bug with Remote S and Complications on the Apple Watch.

If you try to customize a watch face, whether or not you can add the Remote S complication to a watch face depends on where you try do it.
A) If you try to customize a watch face on the watch itself, everything is fine, Remote S shows up as an optional complication (e.g. on the Utility watch face)
B) however, if you try to customize the same face using the Watch app on your iOS device, when you scroll through the list of available complications, Remote S doesn't even appear (*if it wasn't already on that watch face)

* if you had Remote S already set up as a complication on the watch face, if you then go into the iOS Watch app, you can indeed see Remote S installed on that watch face (in the list, but NOT as a miniature icon on the in-app watch face). But if you de-select it from that complication location, close the Watch app, then go back into the app and try to customize the Watch face, then Remote S no longer appears in the scrollable list of available complications. Likewise, even if you have the complication installed on one watch face already, if you go into the iOS app and try to configure complications in another face without Remote S aready installed on that face, you can't add it from within the app.

I've been using Remote S on my Apple Watch for quite a while and had it set as a complication for some time, so I can't say for sure when this problem started happening. I only noticed it today when I was trying to reconfigure some of my watch faces and couldn't add Remote S back from within the app.

Remote S v3.3.6 / iOS version 10.2.1

hi Allen - I just noticed what appears to be a strange bug with Remote S and Complications on the Apple Watch.

If you try to customize a watch face, whether or not you can add the Remote S complication to a watch face depends on where you try do it.
A) If you try to customize a watch face on the watch itself, everything is fine, Remote S shows up as an optional complication (e.g. on the Utility watch face)
B) however, if you try to customize the same face using the Watch app on your iOS device, when you scroll through the list of available complications, Remote S doesn't even appear (*if it wasn't already on that watch face)

* if you had Remote S already set up as a complication on the watch face, if you then go into the iOS Watch app, you can indeed see Remote S installed on that watch face (in the list, but NOT as a miniature icon on the in-app watch face). But if you de-select it from that complication location, close the Watch app, then go back into the app and try to customize the Watch face, then Remote S no longer appears in the scrollable list of available complications. Likewise, even if you have the complication installed on one watch face already, if you go into the iOS app and try to configure complications in another face without Remote S aready installed on that face, you can't add it from within the app.

I've been using Remote S on my Apple Watch for quite a while and had it set as a complication for some time, so I can't say for sure when this problem started happening. I only noticed it today when I was trying to reconfigure some of my watch faces and couldn't add Remote S back from within the app.

Remote S v3.3.6 / iOS version 10.2.1
Yup, part of these symptoms previously reported with workaround as you also found back in #2213: Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. I'm still not sure if it's a watchOS or Remote S issue.

Yup, part of these symptoms previously reported with workaround as you also found back in #2213: Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. I'm still not sure if it's a watchOS or Remote S issue.
thanks, I hadn't been back to this thread in a while so I missed your post on this issue.

As far as I can tell, if trying to configure via the iOS Watch app, Remote S won't appear in any complications list on any face (that I've found) unless you've first configured it directly on the watch. Even then, if it's already configured directly via the watch in (e.g., say) the top left complication, if you go to the iOS app you can see it in the top left list of complications, but you still can't see it in any other complications' list in the app. Meanwhile trying a random selection of other 3rd party apps on my watch, I can always see them in any complication list / any face (except some of those "short" complications which only fit certain small items like the date#). So there must be some difference between Remote S and these other 3rd party apps...

as you say, not a huge deal since you can just configure it directly on the watch, or just put Remote S in the dock. Just thought it was odd.

btw for completenes, I have an original Apple Watch, watchOS 3.1.3

thanks, I hadn't been back to this thread in a while so I missed your post on this issue.

As far as I can tell, if trying to configure via the iOS Watch app, Remote S won't appear in any complications list on any face (that I've found) unless you've first configured it directly on the watch. Even then, if it's already configured directly via the watch in (e.g., say) the top left complication, if you go to the iOS app you can see it in the top left list of complications, but you still can't see it in any other complications' list in the app. Meanwhile trying a random selection of other 3rd party apps on my watch, I can always see them in any complication list / any face (except some of those "short" complications which only fit certain small items like the date#). So there must be some difference between Remote S and these other 3rd party apps...

as you say, not a huge deal since you can just configure it directly on the watch, or just put Remote S in the dock. Just thought it was odd.

btw for completenes, I have an original Apple Watch, watchOS 3.1.3
I'm pretty certain that the reason is because I didn't finish implementing complications on the Apple Watch. Right now it just acts as a shortcut to my app. But I didn't do things like create a "sample pictures gallery" of the complications, which is probably why it doesn't show up in the iPhone. And this was because whatever "complication sample pics" I create would be replaced by the next version anyway, since I plan for the complications to show actual data in a future version of Remote S rather than just being a simple shortcut to the app. And I didn't finish complications because it requires an overhaul of how I fetch data from Tesla servers, which would take a while to implement. So instead I waited to see what Tesla's new app's API would be like before I start on any major revision of Remote S. I'm not currently working on the app, because I'm on a month-long vacation in Asia to visit my mother who I haven't seen in 3 years, and to celebrate my birthday in Bangkok for a week. This means that I can work remotely, but I do not have a car in front of me to test with. Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime. And thank you for BertL for creating that guide to help other users add Watch complications.

Reactions: Alain13
I'm pretty certain that the reason is because I didn't finish implementing complications on the Apple Watch. Right now it just acts as a shortcut to my app. But I didn't do things like create a "sample pictures gallery" of the complications, which is probably why it doesn't show up in the iPhone. And this was because whatever "complication sample pics" I create would be replaced by the next version anyway, since I plan for the complications to show actual data in a future version of Remote S rather than just being a simple shortcut to the app. And I didn't finish complications because it requires an overhaul of how I fetch data from Tesla servers, which would take a while to implement. So instead I waited to see what Tesla's new app's API would be like before I start on any major revision of Remote S. I'm not currently working on the app, because I'm on a month-long vacation in Asia to visit my mother who I haven't seen in 3 years, and to celebrate my birthday in Bangkok for a week. This means that I can work remotely, but I do not have a car in front of me to test with. Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime. And thank you for BertL for creating that guide to help other users add Watch complications.

Thanks for the explanation. No inconvenience, just something I noticed, so not urgent at all.
Sorry I interrupted your vacation! Have a great time during the rest of your trip

Hey Allen,

Did you ever get around to adding the voice commands to the App? My wife laughs at me every time I say "Hey Siri, unlock my car" and I keep hoping it will work so I can laugh back.

If it is implemented, how do I activate it? This was a huge selling point for me (and the watch interface).

Thanks and Happy Birthday to us both :)

Hey Allen,

Did you ever get around to adding the voice commands to the App? My wife laughs at me every time I say "Hey Siri, unlock my car" and I keep hoping it will work so I can laugh back.

If it is implemented, how do I activate it? This was a huge selling point for me (and the watch interface).

Thanks and Happy Birthday to us both :)
Sadly Apple still hasn't opened up Siri's API to every app type yet. But if you really want it, I can create a one-off app that does this. But it can't be integrated to Remote S, because Remote S isn't one of the types of apps that Apple allows to use their Siri API.

I've been a very happy user of Remote S for the last few weeks, using it from iPad, iPhone and Apple Watch. However, after updating my Model S (HW2) with 17.11.3 yesterday, the Remote S app crashes as soon as it tries to connect to my car (it seems). The exact same thing happens on both iPad and iPhone! I've tried uninstall, download, reinstall - to no avail. I've also tried to play around with the general settings without effect. I should also say that Tesla´s own app still works just fine!

I'm convinced the problem lies within the Remote S app, so I wonder when I can expect a bug fix update in Appstore?

FWIW: I have no problems with Remote S and 17.11.3 running on my iPhone 7 (iOS 10.3). iPad Pro (iOS 10.3), and Apple Watch (watchOS 3.2). I did not have to do anything after upgrading iOS/watchOS to continue using Remote S after the new firmware release was loaded to my MS yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.