Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning I noticed a later version of Remote S removed the information about how much energy my cabin air temperature control system uses. Remote S used to show this information (as volts, amps, and power). It is still available in the information Mothership sends; look at what VisibleTesla still provides:

Screen Shot 2017-04-23 at 5.43.41 AM.png

The only thing missing since the Great Mothership Current Omission is "Battery Current" which shows NaN.

Here's Remote S, showing no information about power or energy use, only showing volts; it used to have power use, too:

IMG_3267.PNG

This morning I noticed a later version of Remote S removed the information about how much energy my cabin air temperature control system uses. Remote S used to show this information (as volts, amps, and power). It is still available in the information Mothership sends; look at what VisibleTesla still provides:

View attachment 224053
The only thing missing since the Great Mothership Current Omission is "Battery Current" which shows NaN.

Here's Remote S, showing no information about power or energy use, only showing volts; it used to have power use, too:

View attachment 224054
Since Tesla removed the battery current info from the API for cars on firmware 8.1 and above, the app can't figure out how much battery drain there is on the car. The only information it has is the current, voltage and power from the charger.

I'm currently working on a solution to this. When I figure it out, I will put it in the next update.
Can you tell me your software config? Summons by watch does not work for me, though honk horn for example, does.

|v8.1(17.11.10)| AP2 |
Make sure that the iPhone and Watch are connected first before you do the Summon. You can do a test run first by opening the Remote S app on the iPhone and then wait until the icon to the left of Remote S is a solid white car and not an outline. This represents that the app is connected to the Summon server. Then use the Apple Watch to issue the Summon command.

You don't need to have the iPhone app open to issue the Summon from the Watch. But doing these steps would help you figure out what went wrong.

I too am sad this thread will be closed -- for whatever reason that may be. I'm afraid discussion on the Tesla forum just won't be as useful, since there is no way to subscribe to threads and keep up with them there.
In any case, THANK YOU TO ALLEN for a great app and being the MOST RESPONSIVE developer I've ever had the opportunity to work with from time-to-time. I'll keep using and promoting Remote S, wherever the opportunity presents itself.

+1 ++ very sad to hear this news, this thread is a valuable resource for the community and Allen is one of the most responsive developers I've encountered. The official forum isn't nearly as useful a place as TMC with its lack of search or notifications and watched threads.

Thanks Allen for the great app & great support, I use the app every day and really appreciate that it's actively supported and you're here to listen & respond to user feedback. I'll watch for you on the other side if nothing can be done to somehow keep this thread here alive

Last edited:
Following what so many others have already said, thanks Allen for all you've done here. After reading this thread for a year now I finally purchased your app last night and have started enjoying it ever since. This forum is a place for informing and educating and you have fulfilled that requirement. I think that is why your following has been so loyal. It is too bad that threads like this are closed while those containing a continuous stream of meaningless and, for the most part, hateful dialog continue to thrive. Good luck and I sincerely hope that level heads at TMC will reconsider their decision.

• Love
Reactions: Ulmo and GSP
Status
Not open for further replies.