Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote S, Visible Tesla or Tesla app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can't go wrong with all of them (especially since two of the three are free)!

They all serve different purposes, so if you really only want to stick with one, just weigh all the differences.

I have Remote S and the Tesla app on my phone (Remote S is also iPad friendly). I don't have a computer (I am experimenting with being iOS-only for a bit), otherwise I'd have Visible Tesla as well.

Reactions: anth2312
ath2312, there is no reason to limit yourself to a single app ... I have both the Tesla remote app and Remote S on my phone. I wind up using Tesla's own app 90% of the time, but the Remote S has a few extra features (like odometer reading) that I like.

Reactions: anth2312
Try 'em all! There are roughly three types of applications for controlling and monitoring your Tesla:
  • Mobile apps that run on your phone / tablet / watch (examples: the official Tesla app, Remote S). I typically find these most useful for controlling the car.
  • Services that retrieve your car's data on your behalf and then summarize / visualize it (examples: EVmote, TeslaLog). These are good if you want some data analytics but don't want to run your own data logging service.
  • Software you run on your own desktop computer or server (examples: Visible Tesla, teslams). You get to manage your own data, but these generally require an always-on, always-connected computer to be useful.
I've tried most of the above, but there are other softwares I didn't mention above. They all have their strengths and weaknesses, and nothing prevents you from using a combination of them.

Good luck, and have fun with delivery!

I like Remote S because it allows some actions, like opening the roof beyond the vent position, that the official app doesn't support. I also like how I can start the app and immediately issue a command, rather than having to wait for the app to connect to the car first before I can do anything as the official app does.

I like the official app better for just checking the status of the car. The charging screen is easier to read, as is the map display. Fortunately, it's easy to have both.

Reactions: chriSharek
ath2312, there is no reason to limit yourself to a single app ... I have both the Tesla remote app and Remote S on my phone. I wind up using Tesla's own app 90% of the time, but the Remote S has a few extra features (like odometer reading) that I like.

That's about my ratio also.

Take a look at Stats for aggregate information. There are others out there like TeslaFi, but Stats is a one time fee as opposed to a monthly subscription. YMMV