Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote Sentry Mode viewing over cellular?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this possible, or only if you are using a 3rd-party app over WiFi?

BMW Connected Drive now has a really nice feature called "Remote 3D View" from their phone app (bmw remote 3d view - Bing video)

IMO, this feature blows away anything offered by any other car manufacturer, and it is a real-time view into what/who is around your vehicle when it is parked, and it works over cellular.

With all the cameras on my MY, this seems like a real missed opportunity on Tesla's part, and leaves some of what Sentry Mode I believe could really be more useful at providing feature-wise.

Reactions: bicar
my wife has a 2020 X5 with this feature. Honestly with how slow it is to refresh the photo of whats around you, its a gimmick. Never actually used it other than going "hey look I can do this" Which was once.

And no you can't do this on a tesla.

That's fair...I can certainly understand slow refresh rates could make the BMW feature a gimmick.

Something more practical to me would be a Sentry Mode alert on my phone with a button that says "View Video", and I could watch the saved video remotely over cellular, which will allow me to decide if the issue that just occurred was worth calling the police (vandalism), or someone just parking their car next to me.

Reactions: bicar
That's fair...I can certainly understand slow refresh rates could make the BMW feature a gimmick.

Something more practical to me would be a Sentry Mode alert on my phone with a button that says "View Video", and I could watch the saved video remotely over cellular, which will allow me to decide if the issue that just occurred was worth calling the police (vandalism), or someone just parking their car next to me.

now that would be useful!