Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote Window Control

Would you like to be able to open your windows with the app?

• Open all the way

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Open part way

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • No need for this feature

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our former car, a 2012 Camry Hybrid had a key fob that allowed us to open the sunroof and all the windows to ventilate the car on a hot day before we got to it. While we were at a park this past week with our M3, I noticed the car interior temperature was 124 degrees. Sure, I could have started the climate control to cool the interior but It would have been nice to open the windows, at least part way, to save some energy. This feature would come in handy in warmer climates with our black interiors. What say you?

Opening the windows part way from the app is an existing feature. So is closing the windows. It would be nice to add fully opening the windows as an option.

D39C15A9-1F70-4EF0-A72A-1B276935F825.jpeg

Reactions: mrau
For security reasons and accidentally rolling my windows down I don't want this feature. I'm good with venting them and know I can also roll them up (if left all down) with the app. That's good enough, why would I need to roll the windows down all the way if I'm not there?

• Love
Reactions: lUtriaNt
Our former car, a 2012 Camry Hybrid had a key fob that allowed us to open the sunroof and all the windows to ventilate the car on a hot day before we got to it. While we were at a park this past week with our M3, I noticed the car interior temperature was 124 degrees. Sure, I could have started the climate control to cool the interior but It would have been nice to open the windows, at least part way, to save some energy. This feature would come in handy in warmer climates with our black interiors. What say you?

Am I missing something, or can you not just tap the "Vent" button on the Tesla app??? (Under "Controls")

Reactions: lUtriaNt
I do have homelink installed after purchase. I do not have FSD. But what does FSD have anything to do with homelink?
Does the app notification only come with Homelink modules installed outside of the factory? My car is a 2018, when Homelink was still standard, not an add-on. I don't have the icon on my app.

Keith
i have homelink installed after delivery and do not have that button on app.

I do have homelink installed after purchase. I do not have FSD. But what does FSD have anything to do with homelink?

i have homelink installed after delivery and do not have that button on app.

For whatever reason, a while back they moved the homelink button to the summon screen. So no FSD = no summon = no homelink button.

There may be hope down the road though..

Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 2.58.32 PM.png

Does the app notification only come with Homelink modules installed outside of the factory? My car is a 2018, when Homelink was still standard, not an add-on. I don't have the icon on my app.

I don't have the Homelink icon on my app either. The reason is a Tesla bug that don't put the Homelink icon if you have not purchased the FSD.

Sorry, I didn't understand the question initially. The Homelink icon used to only show up in the Summon controls. A recent update added Homelink to the Controls screen, but I think Tesla still considers it to be part of the Summon/FSD package. If you have Summon via Enhanced Autopilot, you should have Homelink access from the app. Is that not the case?

Sorry, I didn't understand the question initially. The Homelink icon used to only show up in the Summon controls. A recent update added Homelink to the Controls screen, but I think Tesla still considers it to be part of the Summon/FSD package. If you have Summon via Enhanced Autopilot, you should have Homelink access from the app. Is that not the case?

I do not have Enhanced Autopilot or FSD, only basic Autopilot. Guess will have to wait and see if Elon will really get that change made.

Keith

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl