Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Removal of Front Emblem and Rear Hatch Chrome Trim

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for the 12v wire to hook up to for the front emblem. Would like it on with headlights. I can’t seem to find the switched wire. I found the Fuse F144 (20amp) that seems to control the headlight. But when I try it the Emblem is staying on constant. I also tried the wires going to the headlight harness clip. All of them make the emblem light constant. I cannot for the life of me find a switched wire. It’s for 19’ Model X. Any info would be greatly appreciative. Thanks.

In the past guys have been wiring the front "T" to the harness coming from the driver side head lights. On a Model S the second wire from the right side of the socket is or should be red with a white stripe. If you tap into that, the front "T" will light up when the head lights are on.
I have had this wired to my Model "S" for years. The new RGB front "T" has to be wired to the appliqué to get the multi color lighting effect.
You can also just tie the RED GREEN and BLUE wire together - that becomes your ground. The WHITE wire is the hot 12 volt line and is connected to the headlight harness.

You can get a color generator and connect the RGB front "T" to it, then use the controller that comes with the color generator to operate
the front "T".

In the past guys have been wiring the front "T" to the harness coming from the driver side head lights. On a Model S the second wire from the right side of the socket is or should be red with a white stripe. If you tap into that, the front "T" will light up when the head lights are on.
I have had this wired to my Model "S" for years. The new RGB front "T" has to be wired to the appliqué to get the multi color lighting effect.
You can also just tie the RED GREEN and BLUE wire together - that becomes your ground. The WHITE wire is the hot 12 volt line and is connected to the headlight harness.

You can get a color generator and connect the RGB front "T" to it, then use the controller that comes with the color generator to operate
the front "T".
Had some time today, took a voltmeter to the harness on both the driver and passenger side headlights. The, colors are not the same as your S, but every wire that I tested except two of them were 12v constant even with the lights off. The other two wires were grounds. I even tried the f144 headlight fuse and that is a constant 12v as well even When the headlights are off. Did they change the wiring all around? There has to be some where I can tap for 12v when only the headlights are on. It’s a 2019 X.

It has been a few years since I helped with a front "T" for a model X. And, Yes, the wiring is different in the X. The way the Model X was wired for the front "T" was by taking the 12 volts from the fuse box and using a RF controller.

It has been a few years since I helped with a front "T" for a model X. And, Yes, the wiring is different in the X. The way the Model X was wired for the front "T" was by taking the 12 volts from the fuse box and using a RF controller.
Ok. Thanks, I guess I’ll look into a rf controller. I was also thinking about checking the fog light for possibly a switched 12v source.