Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remove 6-Seater Rear Center Console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think anyone here expects it to be easily removable, as in day-to-day-basis, but as a longer-term option for the handy-person...

I would be surprised if it weren't possible. Surely it comes out somehow. :) The only real concern is how much, if anything, remains protruding from the floor once it is removed (meaning protrusions that would not be easily removed)...

I don't think anyone here expects it to be easily removable, as in day-to-day-basis, but as a longer-term option for the handy-person...

I would be surprised if it weren't possible. Surely it comes out somehow. :) The only real concern is how much, if anything, remains protruding from the floor once it is removed (meaning protrusions that would not be easily removed)...
My guess is that it's going to be very similar to how the old middle mono-post seat was mounted.

I was seriously considering getting the console and just rip it off the first day, but my wife would kill me if it fails
Well, it has to be installed so it can be removed. Chances are that it mounts to the floor similarly to the front console and there is a plate that mounts similarly to the old middle monopost seat. My speculation is that you remove either the front or rear trim panel (it should just be clipped in place) and then you would have access to the (four?) mounting bolts on the floor. At the very least there will be holes in the carpet for the mounting bolts and most likely there will be two metal brackets that stick up about an inch (two and a half cm for you metric folks) that the console mounts on.

• Informative
Reactions: Mjølner