Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remove back seat backs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for any advice on how to remove the rear seat backs from the car. I have a creak in the hinge for the folding rear seat which I think is the cause of an annoying rattle when driving. I can find loads of info on removal of the seat cushion but nothing on the seat back. Any help would be appreciated. Tia!

Looking for any advice on how to remove the rear seat backs from the car. I have a creak in the hinge for the folding rear seat which I think is the cause of an annoying rattle when driving. I can find loads of info on removal of the seat cushion but nothing on the seat back. Any help would be appreciated. Tia!
i1Tesla did a ski passthrough mod that had instructions on how to remove the rear seat backs. Note however there may be changes to parts between model years, so don't assume everything is exactly the same:

Reactions: nvesprini
I had a really annoying rattle ONLY when driving and the drivers side seatback was down. A tech was out to diagnose a USB issue and I asked about it. I was able to recreate it by banging on it at a certain spot. He unzipped the seat cover, reached his arm way in there and discovered a wire loom was loose. He used a small piece of some really dense 1/4" styrofoam type padding. He said he didn't need to use any adhesive as it was very tight in there. No more rattle!

Reactions: nvesprini