Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remove Center Console Model S Refresh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, my key card slid under the wireless charging pad (my neighbor put it on the sliding cover and somehow it slid under). Is it easy to remove the center console? If so, anyone have any instructions?

Thanks!
Pull up on the charge panel (4 clips hold it in), unplug the big wire connector, unplug other connectors, and move to side. You'll have access to the area where the card slid.
See
for a video

Pull up on the charge panel (4 clips hold it in), unplug the big wire connector, unplug other connectors, and move to side. You'll have access to the area where the card slid.
See
for a video
Wow, yeah this video is helpful. My inductive charger panel required a tug or two but it came loose. Snapped right back in place. I had an envelope with a check in it that got smushed back there. I received a second notice about payment due and wondered if *that* was what had gotten trapped back there a few weeks ago.... With the charger removed I could just barely access the corners of it. After a lot of patience and wriggling, I was finally able to free it and confirm that it was indeed the payment that was never mailed... I think a key card or credit card would require more console disassembly, but a scrunched-up piece of paper is possible to retrieve by simply pulling off the phone charger. I didn't even unplug anything, although I put the screen in "screen clean" mode because I kept turning the climate on! Thanks!