Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remove FSD from Demo?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it possible to remove FSD from a demo vehicle bought out of "new" inventory? Google search shows some posts early in 2022 saying "yes", but I just put down a deposit on one and don't see any way to remove FSD online. The app wants me to start the delivery tasks (registration, insurance, financing, etc) and the website only shows the "View Build Details" option along with the order agreement showing FSD -- no option to edit the order or anything. I tried calling the 888 number, but they transferred me to store and nobody is answering.

Is it possible to remove FSD from a demo vehicle bought out of "new" inventory? Google search shows some posts early in 2022 saying "yes", but I just put down a deposit on one and don't see any way to remove FSD online. The app wants me to start the delivery tasks (registration, insurance, financing, etc) and the website only shows the "View Build Details" option along with the order agreement showing FSD -- no option to edit the order or anything. I tried calling the 888 number, but they transferred me to store and nobody is answering.
Are you wanting to remove it and be credited the current retail price of FSD? I don't know if that's something Tesla would entertain. I think used/demo models come 'as equipped' if I'm not mistaken. Also looking at the recent Used inventory from Tesla it seems like they all have FSD.

Reactions: IndyGopher
Updating for internet posterity since I didn't see many recent reports. This IS possible on demo vehicles as they're treated like new cars (and listed in that section of inventory). Called the store and he instructed me to complete my registration details (license and selfie). That allowed him to "unlock" the order so it could be edited. Once he did that, I saw a huge "Remove Full Self-Driving" button in my manage order page. Once clicked, the price updated and order agreement updated automatically. Woohoo! Not the exact configuration I wanted, but happy to save a couple months.

Yup, a cool $15k disappeared from my price immediately. I already visited the RWD Waiting Room thread to encourage everyone to keep checking the inventory page and don't hesitate to grab a FSD one so long as it's posted as new!

AFAIK, the key here is the car has to be being sold as new from tesla (titled as new). If its a used car (title wise), then I dont believe tesla will remove it. Demo vehicles can be new, or used, from a title perspective, but I suspect that anything in the "new" section of the inventory page on teslas website would likely be titled as new.

Reactions: IndyGopher
I had bought a new, inventory Model 3 Performance from a city 100 miles from me in 2018. It had FSD and I asked for it to be removed. They removed it price wise, but it was over a year later when they finally removed it from the car. By then, I was so used to it — and liked it — that I ended up buying FSD, and I’ve enjoyed it ever since.

So i've been perusing some used Model 3's and Model S's on the Tesla website to possibly replace my 2015 Model S and I've been wondering about this. Some say "Full Self Driving Capability" included with no autopilot info in the listing, does that mean they include the FSD at the listed price? I've been confused by this.
Yeah, they add FSD to almost all the used inventory and you CAN'T remove it according to everything I've seen online... Unlike new inventory.

Reactions: jjrandorin