Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remove high amp upgrade from inventory X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if you’re able to remove the High Amperage Upgrade from an inventory car? I have one on order and I’m pretty sure I don’t need that package. It would be nice to save an extra $1500!

I’m just wondering if anyone has had experience getting that package removed after ordering or from an inventory car.

Not unless the car is a very old inventory one. The confusion is because until they stopped selling it as an ‘after sales’ option, it looked like you could just dial up the upgrade. It was ‘available’ after sales, but it was a complete replacement charger. But on the website, the language was the same as EAP and FSD. Confusing as heck!

For a short short while it *was* software, but for most of its life, it was a hardware swap at the Service Center.

Not unless the car is a very old inventory one. The confusion is because until they stopped selling it as an ‘after sales’ option, it looked like you could just dial up the upgrade. It was ‘available’ after sales, but it was a complete replacement charger. But on the website, the language was the same as EAP and FSD. Confusing as heck!

For a short short while it *was* software, but for most of its life, it was a hardware swap at the Service Center.

That makes sense - I’ve heard of people swapping rims and other upgrades though. For Tesla’s sake, I hope they don’t allow the removal of the High amp Upgrade via hardware swap. But I am curious - I asked my OA and he is checking in with someone else at Tesla to confirm.

That makes sense - I’ve heard of people swapping rims and other upgrades though. For Tesla’s sake, I hope they don’t allow the removal of the High amp Upgrade via hardware swap. But I am curious - I asked my OA and he is checking in with someone else at Tesla to confirm.
Seems not worth it to me... You never know down the road you might be at a destination charger at a B&B and wish you had the higher power charger! :D