Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remove passenger side 2nd row seat in 3 row Y?

pigwet

Jun 22, 2019
Albuquerque
I would like to try and remove the passenger side 2nd row seat in my 3 row Y. Turns out it's not that easy to pull up and out of the way to get in the 3rd row - especially for a kid.

Has anyone attempted to remove this seat? Unscrewing the bolts for the rails is a no brainer - but I'm concerned if I unplug the seat's electrical harness the car may freak out.

Thanks!

Mardak

Oct 13, 2018
USA
The car shows a warning on screen if a 2nd-row seat is tilted up for 3rd-row access, so there would need to be some way to trick / disconnect the sensor.

pigwet

Jun 22, 2019
Albuquerque
I submitted a service request essentially asking if the car would brick if I disconnected the seat harness. One would of course expect that it wouldn't, but Daerik bricked his car replacing the center console so who knows.

Tony_YYZ

Tezler Guru
Apr 7, 2016
Caledon, ON Canada
I submitted a service request essentially asking if the car would brick if I disconnected the seat harness. One would of course expect that it wouldn't, but Daerik bricked his car replacing the center console so who knows.
His situation was different, he removed a security component from his car which caused his keys to no longer be recognized.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC