Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remove passenger side 2nd row seat in 3 row Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would like to try and remove the passenger side 2nd row seat in my 3 row Y. Turns out it's not that easy to pull up and out of the way to get in the 3rd row - especially for a kid.

Has anyone attempted to remove this seat? Unscrewing the bolts for the rails is a no brainer - but I'm concerned if I unplug the seat's electrical harness the car may freak out.

Thanks!

I submitted a service request essentially asking if the car would brick if I disconnected the seat harness. One would of course expect that it wouldn't, but Daerik bricked his car replacing the center console so who knows.

I submitted a service request essentially asking if the car would brick if I disconnected the seat harness. One would of course expect that it wouldn't, but Daerik bricked his car replacing the center console so who knows.
His situation was different, he removed a security component from his car which caused his keys to no longer be recognized.

I've disconnected the passenger side 2nd row seat harness. It's accessible from the floor panel between the seat and the door. It won't brick the car. You may need to trick it into believing that the seat is secured though, but it's likely just a jumper. As far as I've seen, there are no other electrical connections there, so it can just be unbolted.