Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remove second row cup holders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
have theee car seats in my car and kids always bump and eject the cup holders, subsequently using it as a step to climb into their seat! I’m trying to figure out how to remove it until they are older... any ideas? My service center won’t help with it

Problem solved:

D1BD88E0-EB2A-40BB-A27A-2531D041CEBF.jpeg

Reactions: tdiggity
That is no ordinary blue masking tape. To make sure the tape matches the 100k black interior car, it was upgraded with XPEL matte wrap and 3 layers of ceramic coating on the tape itself. The color might be a bit questionable but yea people put ridiculous color wraps on their 100k cars, why not right? Have you seen a baby blue Porsche?

Am I supposed to buy a $100 case for my iPhone Xs Max too? Or a custom diamond encrusted case?

Please, it's just a car.

Sorry I totally didn’t follow up to this post, yeah I tried the tape but somehow didn’t stay, gonna try again with some stronger stuff

@outie, is that a Brica seat protector I see? How did you get the foot guard to go downwards? I’ve been pressing on it for quite awhile but it won’t stay down!

have theee car seats in my car and kids always bump and eject the cup holders, subsequently using it as a step to climb into their seat! I’m trying to figure out how to remove it until they are older... any ideas? My service center won’t help with it

It's really a problem that solves itself. Give your kids more apple juice, yogurts, foods with dip. Do that long enough and the cup holder will stick itself shut. It's a seamless OEM looking solution that's free. Then when your kids get older, grab some bleach to clean out that mold and bacteria....

Put kid with shortest legs in center. Then the little feet cannot kick the door. If that does not work apply tape to little legs to hold them against car seat.

FWIW: My daughters live in fear of me being a grandparent. They and my nephew still talk about me letting him go hungry because I would not peeling his apple slice when we was 8 (now 25) and he refused to eat it with the peel.

• Funny
Reactions: mxnym
Resurrecting a five year old thread....

Does anyone know how to remove the second row cup holders?
Part number 1086670-01-D

From the attached photo (bottom view), there appears to be two main mounting bolts, towards the bottom of the center console.

Any help?

Brian

Tesla cup holder.jpg

Reactions: tdiggity