Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remove Visor Airbag Stickers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

4SUPER9

2022 Model S
Jun 6, 2013
So Cal
IMG_5896.JPG

All new cars have these, but the size of this sticker on new Model S's is ridiculous. It's all I see when I put the visor down. I read the message and I understand. I do not need to see it every time. Now, I want it gone. I have removed them in the past from leatherette visors using Goop (or something similar), but these new visors are alcantara. Any suggestions?

I believe it is a federal regulation in the US that they be there. Goes back to the days of lawsuits because people were hurt with airbags. Presumably removing it yourself is no big deal but might open you up to a lawsuit if you remove the required safety placard and someone sues you because they were hurt in some way (since they "didn't get the warning"). In aviation, there are similar placards that are required even though everyone knows what they say/mean for similar reasons. I know if aviation you cannot remove the required placards or the plane is not legal (fails to conform to the type certificate) but suspect this doesn't apply for cars. Some of the attorneys on this forum may know more about the consequences of removing the airbag warning sticker.