Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Removed rear seats from 6 or 7 seater?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
Imagine the process is the same for 6 and 7 seater. I have a 6 seater where the rearmost seats are rarely used, but the extra space would be of frequent help.

Has anyone ever had removed, or removed themselves, the rearmost seats? A lot of minivans and SUVs make this possible. Looking for tips, tricks, pitfalls. And hoping the car doesn't freak out when they're out.

Thanks!!

Hello,
Imagine the process is the same for 6 and 7 seater. I have a 6 seater where the rearmost seats are rarely used, but the extra space would be of frequent help.

Has anyone ever had removed, or removed themselves, the rearmost seats? A lot of minivans and SUVs make this possible. Looking for tips, tricks, pitfalls. And hoping the car doesn't freak out when they're out.

Thanks!!

They're pretty easy to get out, but you will have to deal with a ! on your dash. Just go through the parts catalog, there's not that much to it.
https://epc.teslamotors.com/#/systemGroups/66268

I have no idea. It’s not something I recommend doing, but mechanically it’s not that difficult. Doing it the “right” way would probably involve some more in depth removal/modification of sensors and harnesses and factory reprogramming.